Tips for a DIY HOTAS x56-Rhino chair mount?

So I'm looking into getting a HOTAS setup in preparation for Star Citizen.

I'm currently looking at the x56 Rhino by Logitech/Saitek and I'm trying to devise some sort of cool, possibly overly-complicated method of having it mounted on my chair.

The basic idea is to have the two sticks "stored" on either side of the arm rests, folded below/within the rests and popping up and forward when needed.

I'm looking for ideas for how this can actually be implemented. Or, alternatively, ideas on how to do this better.

I'll supply some concept drawings once I have the time to make them...

The problem will be to get it stable. My armrests are already moving around a lot on their own, so I wouldn't consider it butt that depends on the chair.

I would go for a simple plattform with a hinge. A latch at the bottom to keep the sticks upside down and some drawer rails to keep them upright

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

My idea was something around a RAM mount in the style of an wheelchair iPad holder or a bike GoPro mount, since those are full, arm-like mounts...

Arm rests seem sturdy enough, they're bolted on 4 spots each to both the seat and back of the chair. There's enough room, I think, for the stick and throttle to fold down and underneath without proving to be uncomfortable...

I'll get some drawings going when I get a minute...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hayashi said:

Might be a bit late but there's the option to arm clamps mounted to the arms, see here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0090EYJFE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24HQCE1WV3TTP&coliid=I3F81R2IJDILRL

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines... Like repurposing a couple of TV arm mounts