192.168.0.1 refused to connect

so i have a problem.

I have a GPON router that supplies internet to my home. it works fine. it's wireless.... (IP is 192.168.1.254 which is my default gateway when i run ipconfig)

now i have a second TP-Link access point that i use to kind of extend the range as it has a more powerful range. so i hooked it up to my GPON router with a LAN cable and set it up. yesterday it stopped working. Now i cant access it anymore. when I go to it's address on chrome (which according to the bottom of the router is 192.168.0.1) it says 192.168.0.1 refused to connect. But when I ping it it works fine. but i cant access the configurations from the browser. I've tried resetting it with the hardware button and leaving it off for a few hours but nothing. IDK what is wrong.

4 hours ago, NicekillBG said:

follow this - 

hey yeah i know how to do it.... but like even in his video.. notice he goes to the browser and goes to 192.168.1.1

now when i do that with my default getway (192.168.0.1) i get the message 192.168.0.1 has refused to connect

did you try connecting to the tp-link device with a cable and accessing from there? or just from the wireless?

also, if it's an extender for the network, why is it on a different segment?

1 minute ago, Wolfskie said:

did you try connecting to the tp-link device with a cable and accessing from there? or just from the wireless?

yes i'm on a cable ..... i haven't even tried wireless

did you try resetting it to default? (press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds, then disconnect power for 30 seconds, reconnect power and hold for another 30 seconds, overall you're holding the reset button for 1.5 minutes - this method usually works well.)

11 minutes ago, Wolfskie said:

did you try resetting it to default? (press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds, then disconnect power for 30 seconds, reconnect power and hold for another 30 seconds, overall you're holding the reset button for 1.5 minutes - this method usually works well.)

yes i've tried resetting it over 10 times. i even left it off for a few days still nothing. what i dont understnd is why its saying '192.196.0.1 has refused to connect' but when i ping that ip it works

is there any other way i can access the configuration interface

ssh and/or telnet are most likely blocked by tp-link, so maybe a serial connection by specialized means..

are you 100% sure that's the management address for the device? can it have been changed?

when you're connected to it, do you get an ip address automatically? (does its dhcp server service work?), if not, did you try scanning segments 192.168.0.* & 192.168.1.* for devices? - that is, when you're only connected to the tp-link device and nothing else.

you can scan the network using something like wnetwatcher.

1 minute ago, Wolfskie said:

ssh and/or telnet are most likely blocked by tp-link, so maybe a serial connection by specialized means..

are you 100% sure that's the management address for the device? can it have been changed?

when you're connected to it, do you get an ip address automatically? (does its dhcp server service work?), if not, did you try scanning segments 192.168.0.* & 192.168.1.* for devices? - that is, when you're only connected to the tp-link device and nothing else.

you can scan the network using something like wnetwatcher.

i'm sorry i am not sure what that means... i'm not very big on networking. however... i turned off wifi and hooked up the access point and when i ran ipconfig, the default gateway was 192.168.0.1 shouldnt that mean that the router's IP is that?

also, i pinged 192.168.0.1 when disconnected from wifi and the router hooked up by lan and got replies but when i ping after disconnecting the lan cable, the request times out. so i'm pretty sure that's the management ip. it's also at the bottom of the router written. and even if it was changed, shouldnt the factory reset change it back? because i have reset it.

ok, so your ip address is also 192.168.0.something?

when you write the gateway ip address in your browser it refuses to connect? did you try different browsers?

yea it is... 0.100 to be specific

yeah i've tried edge, firefox and chrome.... lemme attach some screenshots

the screenshots are chrome, firefox and edge respectively and the last is the ipconfig results. (all done with my wifi off and a lan hooked upto the router)

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

Screenshot (71).png

Screenshot (72).png

which device is it?

as in, model and the like

Edited by Wolfskie

2 hours ago, Wolfskie said:

which device is it?

as in, model and the like

its a Tp-link TL-WR741ND

seems my laptop was the problem. tried with a different one and it worked. 

• 5 months later...
On 2016/11/20 at 10:45 PM, Nachoz88 said:

hey yeah i know how to do it.... but like even in his video.. notice he goes to the browser and goes to 192.168.l.l

now when i do that with my default getway (192.168.0.1) i get the message 192.168.0.1 has refused to connect

You can ping these IP addresses first to see if it works, and don't forget to check your computer's IP address whether it's in the same LAN.