NFSU2 stuck on loading screen forever, help needed

Ok first off, i own a leagal proper copy of NFSU2 and i have only installed the no-CD crack because i cant stand the noice of the CD drive.

Ok with that out of the way here is my problem:

i go to play some NFSU2, see that there is no 720p or 1080p or other 16:9 resolution in the menue, i download and install universal widescreen patcher and make the game run at 1080p, but now sometimes it hangs on the loadingscreens and loads forever with the only way out beeing to force quit the game and loose all progress since i last saved. i have tried finding the official 1.2 patch but cant find the one from EA and only random file sharing sites with the patch, i have tried a few of those and a few different no-CD cracks too, also you need a cracked SPEED.EXE to do the widescreen patch in the first place, but nothing has helped. its always goten stuck after a while. if anyone knows where to find the official 1.2 patch or knows of another way then universal widescreen patcher to make it run at 1080p or 720p that would be awesome because without the widescreen patch it seems to be fine... :/ if you have had this issue please tell me how to fix it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Maybe its the fact that its cracked. Because of that, the patcher will most likely not work. I would just get a usb cd drive and put it far away so the noise doesn't bother you. Here's the closest to official link you'll find for the patch: http://download.cnet.com/Need-for-Speed-Underground-2-v1-2-patch/3000-7513_4-10371406.html

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

21 minutes ago, DGB said:

Maybe its the fact that its cracked. Because of that, the patcher will most likely not work. I would just get a usb cd drive and put it far away so the noise doesn't bother you. Here's the closest to official link you'll find for the patch: http://download.cnet.com/Need-for-Speed-Underground-2-v1-2-patch/3000-7513_4-10371406.html

ok well it has to be cracked for universal widescreen patcher to work. maybe if i reinstall it clean, run the 1.2 patch, find a no CD cracked SPEED.EXE for the 1.2 patch and then run the widescreen patch. might work idk. thanks for the help tho :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok well it has to be cracked for universal widescreen patcher to work. maybe if i reinstall it clean, run the 1.2 patch, find a no CD cracked SPEED.EXE for the 1.2 patch and then run the widescreen patch. might work idk. thanks for the help tho :) 

np

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have same problem. I solve it :D.

At first i found this topic on reddit, it says that problem may caused with mixing EU and US versions of game (some patches or cracks ;) ). So the speed2.exe try to loading cars that not exists it your version of game.

In the link bellow US and EU versions of cars and their speer2.exe file try to copy this files in your game folder. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR FILES !!!!!!!!. Hope this helps you. Good ponostalgize ;)

(file size is ~70MB) https://cloud.mail.ru/public/57BK/d4fkXqJ5b

1 minute ago, dDosBird said:

At first i found this topic on reddit, it says that problem may caused with mixing EU and US versions of game (some patches or cracks ;) ). So the speed2.exe try to loading cars that not exists it your version of game.

In the link bellow US and EU versions of cars and their speer2.exe file try to copy this files in your game folder. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR FILES !!!!!!!!. Hope this helps you. Good ponostalgize ;)

been absolute ages since i played NFSU2 now, i even got a dedicated computer for it but that stopped booting too lol, il give it a shot but im pretty sure i was using an EU speed2.exe with my EU copy of the game. worth a shot at least i guess :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
On 2018-01-28 at 9:57 PM, dDosBird said:

quite a late reply seeing as i didnt get to test it untill now, grabbed the EU SPEED2.EXE and after the first race game crashed. well so much for that i guess -_-

Builds:

Spoiler

• 4 years later...

Guys, I found another solution. If you are using extra options (here's the link to download the tool: https://nfsmods.xyz/mod/290) in the game folder under scripts (*\Need for Speed Underground 2\scripts) you can find the config file for it (NFSU2ExtraOptionsSettings.ini) and in there under "Gameplay" you can set the game region.image.thumb.png.38c8644ef686192fd0b8e84205fde975.png