Expensive good quality earbuds?

dboltse

anyone know of some good quality earbuds? budget 200$ wired only.

Sennheiser IE80 are deemed to be quite good.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

depends on what kind of sound signature you like

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

i want to be able to listen to music in general and game but have some decent positioning audio.

not that into IEMs and I don't have that much time right now

Spoiler

Shure SE425: My favorite earphone of the entire Shure line. I haven't heard the 846, nor the 315, but by all reports, the 846 can't justify it's price when compared to the customs that fall into the same price range, and the 315 is supposed to be pointless. Just a checkbox in the line. Anyway, I really like it. From my listening, it has more bass than the SE535, and it's also a little bit less harsh. A great earphone and it definitely gets a +1 from me, even over the 535.

Westone W10: I've never listened to it, but it's worth a look. It's a single armature driver, which isn't very impressive, but I haven't heard anything bad about it. I also haven't looked into it a ton, but I like Westone, and I think it's at least acceptable for the price.

Sennheiser IE80: I've owned this. I didn't like it too much. There is a lot of bass, and the bass adjustment dial doesn't do anything. Anyone that tells you it does is lying and hasn't done a blind test with it. Also, the fit is bad, since the shells are an odd shape. I could never get a good, consistent seal with them. Oh, and one of them crapped itself on me. That happens, so it's not really marks off, but it is something to be aware of. Sennheiser does have excellent customer service though, so it was a painless fix for me. They paid shipping both ways, and all that...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.