Transfering apps and Spotify library to SD Card

Swinzon

Hi! I have a Galaxy S5 16GB, and I want to tranfer apps I don't use too much to the SD card along with my pictures. 
But how? 
And when I transfered the spotify library I got an error saying my SD card was full, it had used under 1MB of 32GB.

You can't transfer applications over an SD card and expect it to run on another device because when you install an application, it is rooted into your device's registry. You can only transfer data files such as images, videos and documents which do not need to be rooted to your device. When you transfer an application instead of reinstalling it, it is like cutting off a tree and leaving its roots behind. About the 'SD card was full' I am not sure of that problem. Probably someone from this nice community will help you out with that.

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

2 hours ago, Freezanator said:

You can't transfer applications over an SD card and expect it to run on another device because when you install an application, it is rooted into your device's registry. You can only transfer data files such as images, videos and documents which do not need to be rooted to your device. When you transfer an application instead of reinstalling it, it is like cutting off a tree and leaving its roots behind. About the 'SD card was full' I am not sure of that problem. Probably someone from this nice community will help you out with that.

Thanks for a understandfull reply!:) 

I managed to transfer my spotify library and all pictures to the SD card freeing up 2.7 gigs.

Got 5 gigs free now, it's not much tho! 

16 minutes ago, Swinzon said:

Thanks for a understandfull reply!:) 

I managed to transfer my spotify library and all pictures to the SD card freeing up 2.7 gigs.

Got 5 gigs free now, it's not much tho! 

Once you have your apps installed on the new device, go to Settings > Apps. If you select an app, you can then choose to 'Move to SD Card.' Just remember that depending on the speed of your SD card, the app could be a bit slower to launch/run.

4 hours ago, Omon_Ra said:

Once you have your apps installed on the new device, go to Settings > Apps. If you select an app, you can then choose to 'Move to SD Card.' Just remember that depending on the speed of your SD card, the app could be a bit slower to launch/run.

Bet I wont tell any difference, the apps are slow enough from before -.-