Quick small question about the front panel fans

ReGu

Hi everyone 

I finally got my full build together and im planning on buying it very soon but i have 1 small question about the 2 fans in the front of the nzxt s240 black/red, How do i connect them to the motherboard?

This may sound like a stupid question if you know the answer but I just can't really think of a way since I saw in some unboxing videos that most of the aftermarket come with a pretty short cable to connect to the motherboard

If anyone could give answer ik would be very apprecited 

Thx!

Well, find a 3 pin fan plug on the motherboard and plug the fan into there.

The cables are long enough.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Okay that was really my only question thanks for telling me

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

They are not always 3 pin plugs they can be 4 pin. but you can plug a 3 pin fan on to a 4 pin header.

The mobo will have some spots to plug fan in. They may be labeled right on the mobo if not they should be clearly labeled in the motherboard instruction manual.

8 minutes ago, ReGu said:

Hi everyone 

I finally got my full build together and im planning on buying it very soon but i have 1 small question about the 2 fans in the front of the nzxt s240 black/red, How do i connect them to the motherboard?

This may sound like a stupid question if you know the answer but I just can't really think of a way since I saw in some unboxing videos that most of the aftermarket come with a pretty short cable to connect to the motherboard

If anyone could give answer ik would be very apprecited 

Thx!

If your cables arent long enough , you can everytime buy a fan hub , plug it into one of your 4 pin fan headers on the motherboard and connect the fans to the fan hub. Here are some you may like :)

https://www.nzxt.com/products/grid

http://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/accessory/2013-12/48_663.shtml

15 hours ago, Genezi said:

If your cables arent long enough , you can everytime buy a fan hub , plug it into one of your 4 pin fan headers on the motherboard and connect the fans to the fan hub. Here are some you may like :)

https://www.nzxt.com/products/grid

http://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/accessory/2013-12/48_663.shtml

Or use extender cables. Or move fans around the case so that ones with short cable reach the wanted header. Some cases have shorter fans with shorter cables, which are meant to be used with built-in controller. Like my 200mm fan with supershort cable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv