Seagate HDD suddenly stop working

Deus EX

Hi I have 1 tb seagate hdd for my games storage and 850 evo 250gb ssd for OS and Programs .. suddenly this morning my Pc boot very slowly it takes 1-2minutes to boot for SSD.. when it booted up I got Warning notification from Intel Rapid share technology it says to prevent data loss I click something on it... I don't remember what is.. then I go to diskmanagement and didn't saw my Data D drive so it's missing. Then restarted my pc now I can't boot it because BSOD that can't be fix by windows 10 automatic repair, So I tried to disconnect my seagate internal hard drive from mobo then it booted up.. so the problem is really the hdd , even if it is connected to mobo the hdd is not listed on the bios...
Do you think that my internal HDD is dead? it is spinning and doesn't show any failing sign before the problem occurs.. it is very fast when in game loading.. i think that the intel rapid share technology ruin it or it is really dead? 

PS: this the warning from Intel Rapid Share technology. 

123.png

Edited by Deus EX

Intel i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz + Corsair H80i GT 
Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
24gb Hyper X 1866mhz ram
Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X
250gb Samsung 850 evo ssd + Seagate 1tb Hdd

Do you have another computer that you can test the drive on?

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

15 hours ago, bgibbz said:

Do you have another computer that you can test the drive on?

Sadly don't have.. but I tried to connect my hard drive to another slot in my mobo but sadly I'm getting BSOD 

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
24gb Hyper X 1866mhz ram
Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X

Just now, Deus EX said:

Sadly don't have.. but I tried to connect my hard drive to another slot in my mobo but sadly I'm getting BSOD 

Interesting. Generally speaking, a dead drive shouldn't cause a bsod if there isn't anything windows related on it. Without being able to test the drive on another machine, I'm out of ideas. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Interesting. Generally speaking, a dead drive shouldn't cause a bsod if there isn't anything windows related on it. Without being able to test the drive on another machine, I'm out of ideas. 

So do you think it is not dead? I want to recover those 1tb of games.. 

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
24gb Hyper X 1866mhz ram
Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X

Just now, Deus EX said:

Really hard to say. It sounds dead, but the bsod is confusing to me. In my experience, when a drive dies, it has a similar effect of unplugging it; it simply doesn't show up in the os or bios but the machine functions fine. 

8 minutes ago, Deus EX said:

Thats why we have backups, RIGHT...

Really hard to say. It sounds dead, but the bsod is confusing to me. In my experience, when a drive dies, it has a similar effect of unplugging it; it simply doesn't show up in the os or bios but the machine functions fine. 

I tried some method .. I connected my hdd then it boot perfectly fine but still not detected on my pc.. so   I restart it again with hdd connected now BSOD occurs.. bsod says ''it found some errors need to restart to fix it'' ,so it can't identify what exactly the problem is.. 

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
24gb Hyper X 1866mhz ram
Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Thats why we have backups, RIGHT...

Or one of the advantages of actually paying for your games so you can simply download them again through Steam... :D

15 hours ago, Jovidah said:

Or one of the advantages of actually paying for your games so you can simply download them again through Steam... :D

All of my games are on steam yeah.. that is a shit ton of downloadable data and I have a very slow internet it is really a hassle to download one game with 50gb + dlc data it takes me 3-4 weeks just to download that, that's why I need to recover my hdd 

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
24gb Hyper X 1866mhz ram
Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X

3 hours ago, Deus EX said:

~snip~

Hello Deus EX :)

Do you see the drive in BIOS, Device Manager or Disk Management at all? Does it appear when connected to another SATA port and with another SATA and Power cables? Can you feel the drive spinning when you power on your system? 

I would recommend to test the drive on another system both internally or externally with a powered SATA to USB cable, Docking station or a simple external enclosure. 

This may be a storage-related issue, connectivity issue or a motherboard/controller issue. 

Let me know how this goes!

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

15 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

Hello Deus EX :)

Do you see the drive in BIOS, Device Manager or Disk Management at all? Does it appear when connected to another SATA port and with another SATA and Power cables? Can you feel the drive spinning when you power on your system? 

I would recommend to test the drive on another system both internally or externally with a powered SATA to USB cable, Docking station or a simple external enclosure. 

This may be a storage-related issue, connectivity issue or a motherboard/controller issue. 

Let me know how this goes!

Captain_WD. 

Drive doesn't show up on device manager ,disk management and also on bios.. I can feel drive is spinning when system booted also it is warming up...  I'll try to use SATA to usb cable but i don't have it now i'll try to buy tomorrow 

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
24gb Hyper X 1866mhz ram
Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X

1 hour ago, Deus EX said:

~snip~

Make sure the SATA to USB cable has additional power as 3.5" drives cannot be powered solely from the USB port and need additional external power. 

If the drive doesn't show up as external either I would contact the manufacturer for more suggestions. You may need to resort to data recovery company services but mind that they can be quite costly! 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^

If it does get detected when you plug it in via a SATA to USB cable, then all you'll have to do to get it working in the computer is to get a new SATA data cable.

Unless you've already tried that.

Update: I tried to re-plugin my hdd then when it is booting up I hear *CLICKING NOISES then it doesn't spin up..does this mean it's already dead or just getting insufficient power from my psu?

ps* Still ordering docking station* 

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
24gb Hyper X 1866mhz ram
Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X

The "clicking noises" would be the drive read/write head moving, but if the drive platters aren't being spun up then that is more likely to mean that the hard drive is now toast (since you did say that it was spinning before) but to make 100% sure make sure that the SATA power plug from the power supply is connected correctly to rule that out but I would also suggest keeping a backup image of every hard drive so if one does kick the bucket then it can be restored to a new drive (seagate and western digital have their own branded variants of acronis true image).

20 hours ago, demonix00 said:

The "clicking noises" would be the drive read/write head moving, but if the drive platters aren't being spun up then that is more likely to mean that the hard drive is now toast (since you did say that it was spinning before) but to make 100% sure make sure that the SATA power plug from the power supply is connected correctly to rule that out but I would also suggest keeping a backup image of every hard drive so if one does kick the bucket then it can be restored to a new drive (seagate and western digital have their own branded variants of acronis true image).

well.. I'm gonna send this for RMA because this is hopeless.. don't care for anymore for the data ,just some games and animes in there.. BTW thanks.. 

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
24gb Hyper X 1866mhz ram
Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X

21 hours ago, Deus EX said:

~snip~

As @demonix00 pointed out, those clicking noises are most probably coming from the actuator arm trying to align the read/write head to a specific track on the platter and when it does not find the required data it starts over. If you can't really feel the drive spinning I'd contact the manufacturer for ideas on how to recovery the data and to start a RMA procedure of the drive is still under warranty. 

Backups are really important as failures do happen on all drives so if you don't want to lose important information I'd strongly suggest keeping copies of your valuable data on multiple storage drives.

Captain_WD.