Choosing the right Sennheiser Headphones

Alexaldin

Hi all,

I need some info. I need a new pair of headphones since my Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma have some problem with Shadowplay and OBS that I can't resolve. I asked around and everyone suggest me to pick Sennheiser. They are all Stereo or 7.1 USB, but I need a pair without USB, cause it's probably the external USB soundcard that give me problem. I found the Sennheiser PC363D that are jack 3.5 AND have a usb soundcard for the 7.1. I need to know if the headset work without the usb and via analog, because I'm scared to buy something for 200€ and can't use them :( I also like, when I'm not playing, to use 7.1 virtual surround, that's why I thought about this pick.

Im pretty sure the HD 598 will fit those requirements. Thats just from what i remember so you might have to do some more research 

I need a microphone with the headset :/ I don't have the space for a standalone mic.

So it's better to pick a pair without the microphone? And add it later? Why?

Anyway, will the Sennheiser PC 363D work without the 3D usb adapter? Also, Sennheiser use a software like Synapse for the driver or the Realtek driver will work?

10 minutes ago, Alexaldin said:

So it's better to pick a pair without the microphone? And add it later? Why?

Think of it as any other component

When headset mic breaks what do you have headphones

When phones break what do you have a mic

Why not separate them to save that issue plus you aren't paying a premium for better quality all around headset

Hd 558s are pretty good headphones and usually on sale

Ok. HD 558 or HD 598? Also, the 598 has two version... all this headset are giving me a headache @___@

I think you're best off waiting for the HD598 like I did ....Black Friday :) but if you can find sales on it normally, then that's good too. 

I feel like gaming headsets always try to find the best compromise between audio quality and microphone quality for them to at least produce a marginal profit to cover their expenses. That being said, because HD558, HD598 are like no compromises audio imo, you get the most out of what you pay for in terms of dollars/sound quality. Add on a microphone, given that you do get something like a ModMic 4.0, you at least would have purchased it from a brand that makes microphones and because that product is solely itself, you also get the most out of your money. 

I'm not sure if this makes sense but this is how I think of it. Why do gaming headsets sound so terrible? Maybe the closed back headphones? I hate the microphone sounds from it too... it sounds muffled rather than clear. Personal preference. 

Ok, so HD598 is better. There's difference beetween Special Edition and normal one?

Oh, and for gaming, music and film, better open or closed headphones? I think my Razer Kraken are closed, but I'm not sure, but they feel great, I love them, but I need to change them :(

558s and 598s are pretty damn similar

there is blackout edition 598s that I have as seen as 100 usd

and have seen hd558s as low as 90 usd

I have tape mod 558s in my collection, I couldnt tell difference between them and 598s

glad I made the decision on 558s

If I were you i would check out the philips shp 9500, open box from newegg they're only 55$ and are pretty comparable to most $200+ headphones their only fault is the lack of bass but I just returned the HD 598 SE and got the 9500s and I like them so much more. They're the most comfortable headphones I have ever owned and so much better for the money than pretty much all the other options. and you can just add a v-moda mic for 30$ on those.

33 minutes ago, Brace said:

If I were you i would check out the philips shp 9500, open box from newegg they're only 55$ and are pretty comparable to most $200+ headphones their only fault is the lack of bass but I just returned the HD 598 SE and got the 9500s and I like them so much more. They're the most comfortable headphones I have ever owned and so much better for the money than pretty much all the other options. and you can just add a v-moda mic for 30$ on those.

have these too very nice but op wants sennheisers

I live in Italy, and here the Philips cost more :/ Amazon.it sells them at 139.80 €.

HD 558 at 134.99 € and HD 598 S.E. at 129.99 €.

I'll probably go for the HD 598 S.E. cause they cost less, if there's no difference at all between them.

Thank you, really appreciate the help :) If someone has other opinion I'll read them too, I'm not buying them right now.

On 10/5/2016 at 1:39 PM, Alexaldin said:

I live in Italy, and here the Philips cost more :/ Amazon.it sells them at 139.80 €.

HD 558 at 134.99 € and HD 598 S.E. at 129.99 €.

I'll probably go for the HD 598 S.E. cause they cost less, if there's no difference at all between them.

Thank you, really appreciate the help :) If someone has other opinion I'll read them too, I'm not buying them right now.

I'd definitely recommend the 598s, although if you really want insane sound you might want the hd 600, they are expensive, but are a better then the 598s. If not the 598s are the way to go.