High school football.

DominicNikon

So there's a game friday and I want to go take photos but I'm wonder if my d70 could do it because I see people at iso 6400 at f/2.8 for 1/500th of a second and my d70 only goes to iso 1600. Also should I use f/5.6 or f/2.8?

Run your lens wide open.

What lens?

Then run the put the shutter at 1/200 to 1/500 depending on how much motion, and run the iso at the max. Id personally just take it under exposed and boost it in post, a grainy shot is better than a blurry shot.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Run your lens wide open.

What lens?

Then run the put the shutter at 1/200 to 1/500 depending on how much motion, and run the iso at the max. Id personally just take it under exposed and boost it in post, a grainy shot is better than a blurry shot.

I have a 55-200mm and a 80-200 f2.8 

So a grainy shot is ok?

Just now, DominicNikon said:

I have a 55-200mm and a 80-200 f2.8 

So a grainy shot is ok?

better than blurry.

I personally run a lens wide open at anything over iso1000.

Then run at the lowest shutter to make it sharp, and get the iso to the needed level.

You can also just experment in a dark area one night. Now that we got digital, shoot away.

57 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

better than blurry.

Then run at the lowest shutter to make it sharp, and get the iso to the needed level.

You can also just experment in a dark area one night. Now that we got digital, shoot away.

its 7:58pm and its dark out should i go try there or wheres the best place?

also what lens should i try

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

better than blurry.

ok so here is it at 1/200 second in post

i did 1/320 and 1/500 but the files were to big to post

DSC_7188.jpg

1 hour ago, DominicNikon said:

ok so here is it at 1/200 second in post

i did 1/320 and 1/500 but the files were to big to post

DSC_7188.jpg

Id probaby adjust the colors, but looks good overall. When you don't have much light, getting good photos becomes much harder.

DSC_7188.jpg.148db092cbb6edd864c336bec7ca1cbeedit.jpg

51 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id probaby adjust the colors, but looks good overall. When you don't have much light, getting good photos becomes much harder.

DSC_7188.jpg.148db092cbb6edd864c336bec7ca1cbeedit.jpg

ok and my other option is to ask my dad and see if i can use his d7200

10 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

So there's a game friday and I want to go take photos but I'm wonder if my d70 could do it because I see people at iso 6400 at f/2.8 for 1/500th of a second and my d70 only goes to iso 1600. Also should I use f/5.6 or f/2.8?

Are the teams going to be playing during the day or in the evening?  If they play in the day time, what's the weather forecast (sunny clear skies or dreary overcast)?

If you can borrow the D7200 from your dad, it will be better.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

10 hours ago, ALwin said:

Are the teams going to be playing during the day or in the evening?  If they play in the day time, what's the weather forecast (sunny clear skies or dreary overcast)?

If you can borrow the D7200 from your dad, it will be better.

Around night it starts at 7:30pm

15 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Around night it starts at 7:30pm

You're pretty much in trouble with a D70 here, borrow the D7200 and if you can a f/2.8 zoom.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 hour ago, ALwin said:

You're pretty much in trouble with a D70 here, borrow the D7200 and if you can a f/2.8 zoom.

Would a nikon 80-200mm f2.8 work?