DDwrt Wan Ip and internet randomly drops out

glitchgodprime

I have a DDwrt router (router only) running and is connected to a cable modem (not a hybrid)

Both are new, router 3 months and modem 5 days but for some reason the router can just doesnt pass on internet to any connectd devices

Arris SurfBoard Sb6190

Now I also own a Linksys WRT 1900ACv2 router that has DDWRT (  DD-WRT v3.0-r30585M kongmv )

Now for the last 3 days have had issues with them not talking but with the use of adding a bridge this fixed everything....or so I thought!!!

It worked fine for 1 whole day but i just came home from work and no internet.

Wan Ip was fine and I could go to the Modem's Url settings 

but any attempt to actually go to any site was a response of no internet.

Right now I reverted to an old backup of the Router and went through the steps of adding a bridge many times and finally got it to work but im sure it will happen again so advice?

The following pictures are the bridge settings.

NOTE: MODEM HAS NO (AND I MEAN NO) ACTUAL EDITABLE SETTINGS

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

5.PNG

Welcome back Glitchgodprime,

From the sounds of things, it could have been a DNS problem.

Lets just see if the problem will repeat itself before changing anything. If the problem repeats itself, add the following configuration:

Enable Force DNS redirection. 

Add the following Google DNS IPs

You can can add your own DNS IPs if you like, doesn't have to be Google's.

Here is a good link providing extra information and some free DNS servers and the advantages they bring.

Here is an alternative link of DNS IPs that have great values and are also free. 

I have a similar issue.  I'm running the same cable modem and router, latter is one v1 and one v2, in two different locations.  V1 works 100% of the time.  V2 has lost connectivity twice within 30 days.  Still shows WAN ip address once it loses internet but when you release / renew IP it will never get an IP address.  Only fix I found was to reset to factor default. :(

Your Cable Modem should have a signal page and a log page. Check the logs out and see if there is any suspicious entries like it randomly restarting. Check your signals and make sure they are with in spec. If you drop out of spec, it might cause issues like this. Other than that, It could be a bug in that version of DDWRT. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.