How do you know if an aio pump is working?

Go to solution Solved by Misanthrope,

Even if the pump is dead you can probably be ok by entering the BIOS for like 30 seconds or so to check, worst case scenario your system will shut off due to temps but it should be ok relatively speaking.

And just your fingers on the tubing or pump should be enough for you to feel if water is flowing through.

I'm reusing the aio from my old Dell computer, and it has a weird connector for the pump. Apparently a fan connector works fine for power, but how would I know the pump is actually working after I plug it in? I can provide power to it without turning on the computer, so would I just be able to hear it running (or something) or do I just have to turn on the computer and check the temps?

1 minute ago, Spartaton said:

I'm reusing the aio from my old Dell computer, and it has a weird connector for the pump. Apparently a fan connector works fine for power, but how would I know the pump is actually working after I plug it in? I can provide power to it without turning on the computer, so would I just be able to hear it running (or something) or do I just have to turn on the computer and check the temps?

The temps won't be insanely hot, and you may be able to hear a soft humming or something coming from the block. You might need more power though, maybe with a powered PWM/3pin fan hub.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

i feal the tubes for a vibration 

PC's I Have Built And Currently Still in House:

Main PC (My One):

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5.00Ghz

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270-E Gaming ATX

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb (4 x 8) 3200mhz

Storage: 2TB Segate Barracuda HDD, 960gb HyperX Savage (Games), 240gb Samsung 850 Evo (OS)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

Graphics Card: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080TI (SLI) 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Cooling: Custom Water Cooling

Even if the pump is dead you can probably be ok by entering the BIOS for like 30 seconds or so to check, worst case scenario your system will shut off due to temps but it should be ok relatively speaking.

And just your fingers on the tubing or pump should be enough for you to feel if water is flowing through.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

The temps won't be insanely hot, and you may be able to hear a soft humming or something coming from the block. You might need more power though, maybe with a powered PWM/3pin fan hub.

I'm just using information from here: http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19454479

If it doesn't work in the end I can return the adapter I bought and get my $3.55 back :P

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What dell came with an AIO??

The old Alienware Area 51

Just now, Spartaton said:

The old Alienware Area 51

Ahhh right, haha. I was sitting here all confused thinking some XPS model or some crap came with one.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

10 hours ago, Slottr said:

Ahhh right, haha. I was sitting here all confused thinking some XPS model or some crap came with one.

Some of the old XPSs are really awesome! I've seen some really nice models in my time, but only like older than 2007.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.