Superlux HD 681 vs. Superlux HD 668B

Master Yuki

Superlux HD 681 vs. Superlux HD 668B  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Superlux HD 681 vs. Superlux HD 668B

• Superlux HD 681
    • Superlux HD 668B

Which sounds overall better in music, gaming, sound isolation, pin pointing in locations, treble and bass?

I want a gaming PC that can run all game 1080p 60FPS!! But unfortunately, I don't have money and I'm too young to have a job XD

They both have an open design so don't expect isolation. The 681 has much more treble than the 668B. 

I have the 681 Evo, which have a more balanced sound than the normal 681 and they come with velour earpads, which are much more comfortable. If they are in your budget, you choice should be between the Evo and the 668B. You can't go wrong with either.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

there isnt too much difference between the 2, but the 668b has more midbass. i have the 668b and i can say the out of the box sound is terrible. the subbass and 16000-20000hz range is basically nonexistant. after eq though, it was pretty decent. the treble and midrange was very clear, though too fatiguing for me. the bass is a bit muddy, but that might also be in part because i increase the gain on the bass (i couldnt get it loud enough when setting the bass at 0db and lowering everything else). you wont see much difference between the two, especially when its eq. because of that, i recommend the 681 EVO since it comes with a removable cable and  a set of velour pads, and the sound curve is relatively flatter.

EDIT: i didnt notice the price of the evo. in that case, id say get the 668b. its cheaper and still has the removable cable, but lacks velour pads

Spoiler

Screenshot (634).png

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558