Displayport to HDMI problems

Maxxtraxx
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
30 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

Hi All! Thank you in advance for your help here.

Here is my current system: 1440p display and GTX 1080 fe

I have been using a HDMI cable to connect to my display for years without any issues.

I just hooked up my HTC vive which uses HDMI so I had to switch to a displayport port to connect my monitor

My monitor is mounted to the wall and has very little space behind it thus requiring a right angle cable adapter (Example: Here)to hook up the cable and allow for a low profile installation, Easy, plenty available for HDMI

I cannot find a right angle Displayport adapter to be able to use a Displayport cable, so I bought a Displayport to HDMI adapter.

The monitor's default resolution is now listed as 1080p by the nvidia control panel and thusly all is fuzzy, I created a custom 1440p resolution and made no difference.

1: I am very much guessing when I say the problem is likely to do with the HDMI to DP conversion unless someone else can inform me otherwise.

2: I would greatly appreciate anyone who can direct me to a right angle DP adapter for a reasonable price. HDMI example of the style needed: Here

Thanks!

This is the adapter I use. It can handle higher resolutions, and will let you just use any HDMI cables which should help with cable selection for the right angle stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZA067MA

I have been using a HDMI cable to connect to my display for years without any issues.

I just hooked up my HTC vive which uses HDMI so I had to switch to a displayport port to connect my monitor

My monitor is mounted to the wall and has very little space behind it thus requiring a right angle cable adapter (Example: Here)to hook up the cable and allow for a low profile installation, Easy, plenty available for HDMI

I cannot find a right angle Displayport adapter to be able to use a Displayport cable, so I bought a Displayport to HDMI adapter.

The monitor's default resolution is now listed as 1080p by the nvidia control panel and thusly all is fuzzy, I created a custom 1440p resolution and made no difference.

1: I am very much guessing when I say the problem is likely to do with the HDMI to DP conversion unless someone else can inform me otherwise.

2: I would greatly appreciate anyone who can direct me to a right angle DP adapter for a reasonable price. HDMI example of the style needed: Here

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

Thanks!

This is the adapter I use. It can handle higher resolutions, and will let you just use any HDMI cables which should help with cable selection for the right angle stuff.

20 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Thank you for your help! After looking more closely at the DP to HDMI adapter that I bought compared to your recommendation I now realize that it obviously states a max resolution of 1080p if i had only read it a little more closely.