How to increase wifi signal?

Johnsmith45

My Phone and tablet can't even connect to the wifi although when it does connect it decides to disconnect itself. So I was thinking how do I exactly increase the wifi signal? Unfortuantely i know nothing about networking so I'm asking you guys for help.

Thanks

What kind of range are you looking for? How many walls are between the router and those devices? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

21 hours ago, Johnsmith45 said:

My Phone and tablet can't even connect to the wifi although when it does connect it decides to disconnect itself. So I was thinking how do I exactly increase the wifi signal? Unfortuantely i know nothing about networking so I'm asking you guys for help.

Thanks

You can log into the Router's web interface page and check the WIFI Signal Strength (usually a rating of mW). Turning up the power to the antennas may give you extra range, but it's probably already maxed out of the box anyway.

Re-positioning the router is really the best way to get better signal without buying new equipment. Some people might mention the pop can trick (you cut open a pop/beer can and fashion "cups" that are supposed to intensify the WIFI connection), but I highly recommend you don't touch that with a 10-foot pole. You might increase range and signal strength in one specific location of your house, but all other locations will suffer a decrease in signal strength.

So your options, as I see them are:

1. Increase the power going to the antennas, if not maxed out already

2. Re-position the router itself to a more central location

3. buy additional Wireless Access Points

4. buy a better WIFI router all together

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)