HDD Help

Pbr38
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
6 minutes ago, Pbr38 said:

oops double post

Make it a gpt drive. MBR only supports 2tb, bu right click on the drive at the left and select convert to a gpt disk.

Hi LTT community,

I have a 2TB HDD with a strange issue. i have no partitions on it, and it shows up as 2 unallocated blocks. Please refer to the included image to see what i mean.

if anyone knows how to combine these or if this is just normal please let me know. 

Thank you,

Pbr38

P.S. This is a Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB HDD

eOrSoey.png

Pellet Stove

Spoiler

CPU - I7 6700k l CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 l GPU - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Z l Mobo - MSI Gaming Pro Carbon l RAM - 16GB @ 2666 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 l PSU - Corsair RM850i l SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | HDD - Toshiba 2TB | Case - Cooler Master HAF XB EVO W/ LTT Noctua NF-F12s l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse - Azio Levetron GM2000 l KeyBoard - Corsair K95 RGB l

5 minutes ago, Pbr38 said:

Hi LTT community,

I have a 2TB HDD with a strange issue. i have no partitions on it, and it shows up as 2 unallocated blocks. Please refer to the included image to see what i mean.

if anyone knows how to combine these or if this is just normal please let me know. 

Thank you,

Pbr38

P.S. This is a Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB HDD

Capture.PNG

It needs to be a gpt disk to have it all in one partition, mbr won't go that high.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

image should be fixed,

no i haven't partitioned the disk

Pellet Stove

Spoiler

CPU - I7 6700k l CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 l GPU - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Z l Mobo - MSI Gaming Pro Carbon l RAM - 16GB @ 2666 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 l PSU - Corsair RM850i l SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | HDD - Toshiba 2TB | Case - Cooler Master HAF XB EVO W/ LTT Noctua NF-F12s l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse - Azio Levetron GM2000 l KeyBoard - Corsair K95 RGB l

Just now, Pbr38 said:

image should be fixed,

no i haven't partitioned the disk

link is still bad. its a link to localhost, or your own system

you need to partition the disk

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

link is bad.

Did you partition the drive in disk mgmt

the image should good for real this time.

Pellet Stove

Spoiler

oops double post

Pellet Stove

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Pbr38 said:

oops double post

Make it a gpt drive. MBR only supports 2tb, bu right click on the drive at the left and select convert to a gpt disk.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Thank you for your assistance, while fiddling around i noticed at the top where all partitions are in a vertical list, there was an unlabeled partition that was supposedly 0mb. once i deleted that the drive became one complete unallocated block. sorry to waste your time, and thanks once again for assisting me and my stupidity

Pellet Stove

Spoiler