Good upgrade from AMD a10 6700?

I´m searching for a good upgrade from my current system because i´m having several troubles in my OS and in some games. (mainly Borderlands 2)

Current setup:

Mobo: Asus A58M-A USB 3

CPU: AMD a10 6700

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600 Mhz

GPU: Asus GTX 750ti OC 2gb GDDR5

SSD: Samsung 850 evo 256gb

HDD: Seagate 2tb

PSU: Rhombutech 500 watt

I would like to upgrade to an i3 6100 and i just need a good budget Mobo and ram.

Any Suggestions?

Budget? Also what type of monitor do you have?

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

3 minutes ago, Minorika said:

I´m searching for a good upgrade from my current system because i´m having several troubles in my OS and in some games. (mainly Borderlands 2)

Current setup:

Mobo: Asus A58M-A USB 3

CPU: AMD a10 6700

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600 Mhz

GPU: Asus GTX 750ti OC 2gb GDDR5

SSD: Samsung 850 evo 256gb

HDD: Seagate 2tb

PSU: Rhombutech 500 watt

I would like to upgrade to an i3 6100 and i just need a good budget Mobo and ram.

Any Suggestions?

If you have the ddr3 ram, a haswell i3 is a cheaper option, with just about the same performance as the skylake i3s.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/n2c623

But if you are having OS issues try reinstalling it, if you plug the old drive into the new board it may still have the same issues depending on what they are. Also consider upgrading the psu from that fire hazard.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

22 minutes ago, Minorika said:

What troubles? Borderlands 2 can run on Intel graphics if you reduce the settings enough.

23 minutes ago, Minorika said:

Any Suggestions?

Why an i3? You'd be surprised what you can fit into a tight budget. (I heard that's what she said ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

16 hours ago, iLoiter said:

Budget? Also what type of monitor do you have?

My budget will be around 300€.

I have a 1080p 60Hz 27 zoll Monitor from Asus.

16 hours ago, SLAYR said:

If you have the ddr3 ram, a haswell i3 is a cheaper option, with just about the same performance as the skylake i3s.

But if you are having OS issues try reinstalling it, if you plug the old drive into the new board it may still have the same issues depending on what they are. Also consider upgrading the psu from that fire hazard.

My OS is slow because i have so many background programs running, thus i need a better cpu.

My background programs:

Avast antivirus

Catalyst Control Center

CCleaner

f.lux

Logitech Gaming Framework

Razer Synapse

Realtek HD Audio-Manager

Windows Powershell

Ai SUite 3

EZ Update

GPU Tweak II and TweakMonitor II

Samsung Magician

Nvidia Geforce Experience

Hard Disk Sentinel

And the thing with my drives is that my HDD came with my PC when i bought it. It first had Win 8 for a few months after which i installed Win 7 Ultimate over it And when Win 10 came out i updated to that.

After i got my SSD i transferred my OS to it and so far had to reinstall Win 7 ultimate after 6 months again because my Win 10 completely froze and Bugged out. So far i have made the upgrade to Win 10 again.

I know that my HDD where my Steam Library is located needs replacement because i had multiple issues with Windows not detecting it and had to switch out the sata cable and port for it to work again.

And i want an i3 6100 because i want to upgrade in the future to either an i5 6600k or i7 6700k.

btw i made some more research and found that there is the much cheaper g4400 for the 1151 socket,

should i go for that or the i3?

Grab a cheap H110 board, some DDR4-2133 RAM (Crucial makes some solid, cheap stuff, as does Kingston) and an i5-6400 if you can squeeze it into the budget, i3-6100. Clear upgrade path to an i7-6700 later on, but the i5 is surprisingly capable given its low clock. 

The G4400 is a toy for people with AsRock boards who want to see how far they can push it, much like the G3258 was before it. It's not a viable gaming CPU. 

Think about upgrading that GPU as well. A 470, 480 or 1060-6 would do wonders for the system you already have. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

34 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Grab a cheap H110 board, some DDR4-2133 RAM (Crucial makes some solid, cheap stuff, as does Kingston) and an i5-6400 if you can squeeze it into the budget, i3-6100. Clear upgrade path to an i7-6700 later on, but the i5 is surprisingly capable given its low clock. 

The G4400 is a toy for people with AsRock boards who want to see how far they can push it, much like the G3258 was before it. It's not a viable gaming CPU. 

Think about upgrading that GPU as well. A 470, 480 or 1060-6 would do wonders for the system you already have. 

Thanks this seems like a good choice.

18 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Forgot to write it in my last reply:

My PSU seems to be fine, it´s been running for more than 6 months without problems.

3 hours ago, Minorika said:

My budget will be around 300€.

I have a 1080p 60Hz 27 zoll Monitor from Asus.

My OS is slow because i have so many background programs running, thus i need a better cpu.

My background programs:

Avast antivirus

Catalyst Control Center

CCleaner

f.lux

Logitech Gaming Framework

Razer Synapse

Realtek HD Audio-Manager

Windows Powershell

Ai SUite 3

EZ Update

GPU Tweak II and TweakMonitor II

Samsung Magician

Nvidia Geforce Experience

Hard Disk Sentinel

And the thing with my drives is that my HDD came with my PC when i bought it. It first had Win 8 for a few months after which i installed Win 7 Ultimate over it And when Win 10 came out i updated to that.

After i got my SSD i transferred my OS to it and so far had to reinstall Win 7 ultimate after 6 months again because my Win 10 completely froze and Bugged out. So far i have made the upgrade to Win 10 again.

I know that my HDD where my Steam Library is located needs replacement because i had multiple issues with Windows not detecting it and had to switch out the sata cable and port for it to work again.

And i want an i3 6100 because i want to upgrade in the future to either an i5 6600k or i7 6700k.

btw i made some more research and found that there is the much cheaper g4400 for the 1151 socket,

should i go for that or the i3?

Or you could try reinstalling the OS, all the cpu upgrade will do it just waste your money if you don't fix what it wrong with OS first, it could be a virus, considering most windows 7 ultimate edition installs are pirated. Or try to defragment the hard drive, or just close the background programs stuff like the samsung magician aren't necessary for the computer to run. 

The g4400 will be a downgrade, the apu will be faster.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 hour ago, SLAYR said:

Or you could try reinstalling the OS, all the cpu upgrade will do it just waste your money if you don't fix what it wrong with OS first, it could be a virus, considering most windows 7 ultimate edition installs are pirated. Or try to defragment the hard drive, or just close the background programs stuff like the samsung magician aren't necessary for the computer to run. 

The g4400 will be a downgrade, the apu will be faster.

My Windows Installation is bought from amazon and i already checked for viruses with avast and malwarebytes.

1 hour ago, Minorika said:

My Windows Installation is bought from amazon and i already checked for viruses with avast and malwarebytes.

Just checking because probabbly about 99.9% windows 7 ultimate installs are pirated because no one wanted to pay the ridiculous price for it.