Buying a new Comp - is this rig worth the price?

Icei

·         Processor: Intel 17-6800K

·         Motherboard: ROG STRIX X99 GAMING

·         Memory: 16GB Single 3000 Corsair Vengeance LPX x 2

·         GPU: NVIDIA GTX TITAN 1080 

Budget? Location? Uses?

What's GTX TITAN 1080? Is it the GTX Titan X Pascal or the GTX 1080?

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Honestly get a 6700k. a 6800k adds barely anything to an editing render at all. trust me i've done some testing. literally seconds.
if you're just gaming than thats totally fine.

Not enough information for the pc. List full parts of them please.

sorry didn't know where to post it :S i'm new

also its a gtx 1080 not titan sorry, my mistake

and yea i don't know what to add for the other parts :S

i don't really have a budget

2 minutes ago, Icei said:

sorry didn't know where to post it :S i'm new

also its a gtx 1080 not titan sorry, my mistake

and yea i don't know what to add for the other parts :S

i don't really have a budget

Unlimited budget ???

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

What are you using the Rig for? Gaming? at what resolution? Streaming? cause if it's just gaming with some streaming at 1080, you could go for a 6700K and go for a better all round rig or save some money :3

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!! 

i can go over but i rather stay around 4-5 k max

mainly wanna use it for gaming but i wanna be able to run a games ( 2-3) at the same time with max graphics

There is always a sweet spot for price to performance gaming, and it very much depends on what you intend to do with the computer. If you want to run game on a 1080p 60fps monitor, getting anything more then a GTX 1060 or an rx480 would give you nothing, you will almost always hit over 60fps on any title, and you could probably do that with an i5 6500 without bottlenecking the gpu. If you just want to buy all that awesome stuff and future proof a heap, go ahead, especially if you have the money to burn. What specifically do you plan on running, i.e games, vr, video editing etc  

battlefield 4, witcher 3, skyrim basically i want my computer to be able to run all 3 of those games at max graphics smoothly at the same time. I don't wanna buy anything cheap i just want a good rig but i honestly have no idea where to start so i attempted something myself but i need help with everything

also not sure whats better a 6700k or 6800k or 6850k

Yeah it's crazy starting out on your own, ask heaps of questions before making a final decision and research the individual components before buying them, it's a good way to learn and you make sure what your buying is good/ reliable.

I'm going to assume you have a 1080p monitor, and you want to build a really awesome rig. First off get the 6700k, for gaming it is superior to the 6800k from what I understand. The GTX 1080 is an amazing card and you will be able to play everything smoothly with that and a 6700k, even at 1440p. With that, you should get a z170 motherboard. I have built 4 computers using a z170-AR now, and they are a great looking board with SLI support, but they aren't absurdly overpriced. The ram, get 16g ddr4, the ram speed is irrelevant. I suggest corsair or Kingston, I have used Kingston, I use kingston and have never had an issue. They are the main components, then get yourself an Samsung 850 evo ssd, a random 1tb hardrive and pick out a good case that you like that supports a standard atx motherboard. I use a Mastercase pro 5 and I think its really easy to build with.

This is just my opinion on a great high end build, you could easily go with a i5 6600k and a 1070, which would also be amazing. Sorry for not linking, short on time.  

3 minutes ago, OmniPerfect said:

Yeah it's crazy starting out on your own, ask heaps of questions before making a final decision and research the individual components before buying them, it's a good way to learn and you make sure what your buying is good/ reliable.

I'm going to assume you have a 1080p monitor, and you want to build a really awesome rig. First off get the 6700k, for gaming it is superior to the 6800k from what I understand. The GTX 1080 is an amazing card and you will be able to play everything smoothly with that and a 6700k, even at 1440p. With that, you should get a z170 motherboard. I have built 4 computers using a z170-AR now, and they are a great looking board with SLI support, but they aren't absurdly overpriced. The ram, get 16g ddr4, the ram speed is irrelevant. I suggest corsair or Kingston, I have used Kingston, I use kingston and have never had an issue. They are the main components, then get yourself an Samsung 850 evo ssd, a random 1tb hardrive and pick out a good case that you like that supports a standard atx motherboard. I use a Mastercase pro 5 and I think its really easy to build with.

This is just my opinion on a great high end build, you could easily go with a i5 6600k and a 1070, which would also be amazing. Sorry for not linking, short on time.  

that actually sounds really good also i have a benq x something monitor its 144 hz with 1 ms

for the motherboard so i get the maximus v111 hero alpha or is the z170 pro gaming good enough?

3 minutes ago, OmniPerfect said:

that actually sounds really good also i have a benq x something monitor its 144 hz with 1 ms

for the motherboard so i get the maximus v111 hero alpha or is the z170 pro gaming good enough?

You will get almost no benefit from getting the Hero Alpha. The mother board is just the component that connects all your other components. If you buy one that can support 4 graphics cards in SLI, but you only plan on putting 1 graphics card onto it, it will give you no benefit over getting a mobo that supports only 1 graphics card. The z-170 supports 2 graphics card in SLI, it is reliable and looks imo. If you want the hero for bragging rights go ahead.

so z170 pro gamer it is, and for the intel chip 6700 over 6800/6850 for running multiple games? also what about the psu?

·         Processor: Intel i7-6700K - $479

·         Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING - $245

·         Memory: 16GB Single 3000 Corsair Vengeance - $133

·         GPU: NVIDIA 8G GTX 1080 GS OC - $1019

·         Storage SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500G - $205

·         Storage HDD: Seagate 3.5" NAS 2TB - $115

·         Power supply: CoolerMaster Vanguard 80 Plus Gold Full Modular 750W PSU - $185

·         Case: NZXT Phantom 820 case matte black - $309

does this work?

Hey sorry for the late response, I'll look over your stuff quickly

Just now, OmniPerfect said:

Are you from Australia?

yes

Hey that all looks good
I would get the GTX 1080 G1 Gaming by Gigabyte, and I would also get 2 x 8gig corsair lpx ddr4 rather then 1 x 16gig. 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/3fvZxr/gigabyte-video-card-gvn1080g1gaming8gd

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/PL2rxr/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2a2133c13

make sure to get black or white ram sticks or it will look weird in your case:P

Hey that all looks good
I would get the GTX 1080 G1 Gaming by Gigabyte, and I would also get 2 x 8gig corsair lpx ddr4 rather then 1 x 16gig. 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/3fvZxr/gigabyte-video-card-gvn1080g1gaming8gd

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/PL2rxr/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2a2133c13

make sure to get black or white ram sticks or it will look weird in your case:P