How to wire a sub into stereo amp

I have a Samsung ps-EW1-1 subwoofer and I want to hook it up to my Technics amp, however my amp only has stereo connections (L/R).

How do I wire the funny connection (image below) on this sub to my amp correctly? 

Resized_20160826_180339.jpg

Resized_20160826_180339.jpg

You can't, your sub is passive.

Basically throw it away, it's no good.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

On 27/08/2016 at 7:38 PM, spwath said:

You can't, your sub is passive.

Basically throw it away, it's no good.

Well no? There must be a way to power it using my amplifier?

1 minute ago, MGreen said:

Well no? There must be a way to power it using my amplifier?

No, not really. You could buy a subwoofer amp, but that would be spending more money than your subwoofer is worth

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

17 minutes ago, spwath said:

No, not really. You could buy a subwoofer amp, but that would be spending more money than your subwoofer is worth

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TDA7498-Class-Subwoofer-amplifier-board/dp/B01I0TBL8M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1472576115&sr=1-1&keywords=subwoofer+amplifier+board would this suffice? 

1 minute ago, MGreen said:

Cant imagine that being any good whatsoever, but it could work.

Just now, spwath said:

Cant imagine that being any good whatsoever, but it could work.

Well it's just a bare board 

1 hour ago, MGreen said:

Well it's just a bare board 

Still its tiny, and cheap.

It will work, any good, probably not

On 8/27/2016 at 11:54 AM, MGreen said:

I have a Samsung ps-EW1-1 subwoofer and I want to hook it up to my Technics amp, however my amp only has stereo connections (L/R).

How do I wire the funny connection (image below) on this sub to my amp correctly?

This is way too complicated.

On 8/27/2016 at 0:07 PM, pedro69 said:

You could add a 2-way crossover to each stereo channel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_crossover

In car audio it's relatively common to see stereo amplifiers with a "bridged" or "mono" mode. These are less nice than a true "monoblock" but still. All that a stereo amplifier with a bridged mode does is ignore one of the inputs and use both channels amplifier circuits. 

To cut through the shit, get two of those RCA Y-splitter things from Walmart, put the positive of a mono output in both channels, do the same for negative, wire your sub positive to the positive of both channels, and the same for the negative. Have fun. Total cost = 5 bucks.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

51 minutes ago, spwath said:

Still its tiny, and cheap.

It will work, any good, probably not

My sub is only a 60W Samsung thing I bought of Gumtree for £10 so maybe this will be alright? https://www.amazon.co.uk/KKmoon-TPA3116D2-Subwoofer-Amplifier-DC12V-24V/dp/B01EJNY4MI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1472577244&sr=1-1&keywords=TPA3116

Just now, MGreen said:

That has more than you need, that powers 2 speakers and a subwoofer.

I would go with the other one you linked

On 8/27/2016 at 0:54 PM, MGreen said:

If your stereo amp is not bridgeable, you can use one channel (L channel or R channel). That is of course if your amp is built for the load (nominal impedance ratings can be useful).