Need help booting up my newly built pc

erich5902

Hello everybody,

This is my first time building a pc and i have completed building it. Im trying to boot my pc, i have a 2tb seagate hdd and a sabertooth 990fx with am3 socket. i have a copy of windows 10 64 bit on a cd and an external disc reader by logitech but i am unable to get the disc reader to show up in the bios to install the operating system. im sorry if i posted this in the wrong area im very new to these forums and i just need to figure out how to get this rig up and running. Thanks for reading and if anyone could help i would deeply appreciate it!!

Can you verify that the disk drive is working? Do you have a copy of Windows 10 on a flash drive?

ASU

Have you tried switching the sata ports? Have you tried using a USB to sata adapter? 

Yes i tested it on another computer and it works i dont have it on a flash drive. Is there a way to install it from the disk to the flash drive? 

as of right now im trying to use the usb to boot i watched an ncix tech tips video with linus and i hope it works thanks guys(or Girls)