Where do i start to do renders like this?

Spare time, i get some... though not a lot during the week as i work, but could maybe spare some weekends, this is more of an art form for me than showing off, love the artistic nature of it.

49 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Lots of time in autodesk Maya or cinema 4d.

I use Maya, that's interesting, will see if i can find guides.

4 minutes ago, FPS-Russia said:

I use Maya, that's interesting, will see if i can find guides.

Pretty sure you can do animations like that if you have WAAAAAAYYY too much time on your hands. If I remember that video correctly, it seemed like there were also some source film studio shots as well, but I'm not sure how it was made.

ASU

Okey, I've seen this video and its one of the most advanced "fragmovie/montage" or general shortmovie made for CSGO I have seen. Keep that in mind. I can almost certainly say that just a 10 sec part in this would have taken several hours to make. Now more on the "how to" part. I have some experience with CS fragmovies and I have several friends that are very good at this stuff which I have talked quite a bit too. We will start with the programs:

Programs you will need (based on the ones that are most used for this stuff but of course a similar program would work):

Adobe After Effects (For all the advanced composing you will need to do, greenscreening, motion tracking, effects and so on)

Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere (For stiching together all the clips and comps into one whole movie. Also good for basic audio editing and creating a basic layout for the movie)

Cinema 4D or 3Ds Max (I do not reccomend Blender even though its free, there is free student versions for both Cinema 4D and 3Ds Max with all features, use those) (Used for creating all 3D models and motion tracking and animating)

HLAE (You will use this to record gameplay and smooths (cinematics) from CSGO in high framerates and with greenscreens, make sure to not join any servers since it can get you Vac banned.)

Virtual Dub (This is only used to take the recordings from CSGO and make a usable .avi file for editing, while also adding a good compression so you wont sit with 50Gb files) 

Also going to point out some plugins that are worth looking into to make your life easier:

Element 3D (For 3D implementation in After Effects, makes your life a lot easier imo)

Optical Flares (Lens flares that looks amazing, you can create your own of course but its worth pointing out this since it can save time, for After Effects)

Magic Bullet Looks (Great for color correction/grading, also mostly to save time you can achive most manually too, for After Effects, Premiere and Sony Vegas)

Nitroblast (For Cinema 4D, pretty much splits an object into random pieces, I like it to create random objects and say create dust or brick fragments)

Twixtor (For slowmotion stuff, its basically a very advanced plugin for creating slow motion or speeded up video. The basics can be acived easy in all programs though, for After effects, Premiere and Vegas)

But even if you have all this it requires some serious editing and composing skills to create a video like this. Even just learning all the programs takes a while. Learning how to create models will take good amount of time and then learning on how to implement them in the video takes some more time. There is some plugins that makes stuff like that easier. Personally what will take most time will be to get HLAE to work good, its quite buggy and takes time to get used to. And not just that you will need to know a lot of commands for CS. It takes some time to learn, my tip would be to have a spreadsheet with all important commands on a second monitor. 

To achive the smoothest movie you will want to record everything in 300 fps by using the "startmovie" command in CS. For animations made in Cinema 4D 60fps will work fine. Then after that its a matter of taste if you wanna render everthing out in 24fps (If you chose this make sure to get proper camera settings in Cinema 4D) or 60fps. 

Also when recording footage you will want one with the subject on a greenscreen and a seperate on for the background. Then a normal one can be used to make composing easier. 

This is just some of the technical aspects of it though. You will need to be creative on how you create it, also think of the compositions and all that. Feel free to ask me any questions though and I can try to answer them as good as I can. I myself have never finished a movie, I have lost motivation or so on but I have a lot of half finished projects laying around. 

Here is some good videos to watch though:

Shows the basics in recording CS gameplay and smooths

A "making of" from one of my favorite cs fragmovies. This will also help to show some basics in After Effects.

More advanced CS recording with greenscreens and a DoF map

Basics in Sony Vegas is covered pretty good in these videos.

Good video to get you started on modelling in Cinema 4D.

I know there is most likley better videos to teach you deeper than these but since they all are based upon of what you will want to create they will help you get a feel on how to create similar stuff and how a lot of these videos are made since they usally use quite similar effects and technieces. Also videos like these are a bit special on how they are made to most commercial stuff you will see that more sofisticated educators on YT would explain how to do. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

16 minutes ago, FPS-Russia said:

I have no chance then :( that's a lot of work for 1 person.

Of course you can do it. But I would reccomend to start with something more simple. Like maybe just one scene without any advanced 3D animation or models. Start with just getting a plain CS recording and a few smooths. Add the velocity and pan crop tecniques to create somehing easy at first. Then you can do more advanced stuff as explained in the video by Suky and go from there. Just experiment with it and have fun. 

20 minutes ago, FPS-Russia said:

I have no chance then :( that's a lot of work for 1 person.

Also forgott to mention that you can download demos from proffesional matches and use those sick frags. So it will just be about editing and you dont have to worry about "not good enough frags"

On 2016-08-25 at 6:34 PM, .spider. said:

For stuff like this blender is not the way to go. Its way better to use Cinema 4D or 3Ds Max that are easier to use with After Effects. And in my opinion both of those use a better interface than Blender. And since you can get student version for both the advantage of being free goes away.