Weird interference in headphones (LG V10)

BingoFishy

On my LG V10, with the Hi-Fi DAC off, my left earbud has a really loud static noise over the regular sound. With the Hi-Fi DAC on, that issue is fixed but I have an intermittent issue (doesn't happen all the time) in which both earbuds have a quiet static, sometimes which only happens when playing sound, other times happens all the time. Unfortunately, it gets much worse when I touch the screen. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it?

Edit: Also I have no warranty so returning it or RMAing it is out of the question.

Edit 2: The weird interference happens Hi-Fi DAC on or Hi-Fi DAC off. It changes pitch a lot, hard to explain. 

Edit 3: It also tends to get worse when my phone is charging.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

14 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

On my LG V10, with the Hi-Fi DAC off, my left earbud has a really loud static noise over the regular sound. With the Hi-Fi DAC on, that issue is fixed but I have an intermittent issue (doesn't happen all the time) in which both earbuds have a quiet static, sometimes which only happens when playing sound, other times happens all the time. Unfortunately, it gets much worse when I touch the screen. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it?

Edit: Also I have no warranty so returning it or RMAing it is out of the question.

Edit 2: The weird interference happens Hi-Fi DAC on or Hi-Fi DAC off. It changes pitch a lot, hard to explain. 

Edit 3: It also tends to get worse when my phone is charging.

From what the T Mobile rep told me and my sister. The V10 is a mistake. It has good specs but failed most of the time. My sister has charging issues and rebooting issues with hers. At least before we had it replaced. However we were told their are a number of issues with the V10. My guess is some kind of EMI interference. I get the same issues if I use the audio port on my Keyboard or motherboard. I had issues that I would hear static when ever I moved my mouse. 

Have you tried different headphones? Have you tried making sure all your software is up to date? Finally, have you tried an FDR? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 hours ago, Donut417 said:

From what the T Mobile rep told me and my sister. The V10 is a mistake. It has good specs but failed most of the time. My sister has charging issues and rebooting issues with hers. At least before we had it replaced. However we were told their are a number of issues with the V10. My guess is some kind of EMI interference. I get the same issues if I use the audio port on my Keyboard or motherboard. I had issues that I would hear static when ever I moved my mouse. 

Have you tried different headphones? Have you tried making sure all your software is up to date? Finally, have you tried an FDR? 

Thanks! I'll test with another pair of earbuds when is get a chance. Software or up to date. It's not worth doing a factory reset imo. I got it for less than $200 so it's not a huge deal.

Specs:

5 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Thanks! I'll test with another pair of earbuds when is get a chance. Software or up to date. It's not worth doing a factory reset imo. I got it for less than $200 so it's not a huge deal.

Thats pretty cheap. My sister still owes like $400 for her through T Mobile. The T Mobile rep litterally stated the last phone that LG made that was worth a damn was the LG G3. Which I can say, is a great device as its the device I own. Id also see about maybe using bluetooth. It would suck on the battery more but It may not have the issues. 

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Thats pretty cheap. My sister still owes like $400 for her through T Mobile. The T Mobile rep litterally stated the last phone that LG made that was worth a damn was the LG G3. Which I can say, is a great device as its the device I own. Id also see about maybe using bluetooth. It would suck on the battery more but It may not have the issues. 

I think Bluetooth would work; speakers are fine. What do you think the reason for the loud static in the left ear with the stock DAC is?

Specs:

23 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

I think Bluetooth would work; speakers are fine. What do you think the reason for the loud static in the left ear with the stock DAC is?

With the amount of problems my sister has. It could be a hardware or software issues. Maybe an issue with the DAC on the device. Or it could be an issue with an APP you have on your phone. Ive seen Android Apps cause issues. Some times Apps dont play well together, or it just the combination of apps that dont play well. Id try to use blue tooth. Even if you dont buy a blue tooth headphones, maybe you have a family or friend that have a blue tooth speaker. Just to see, maybe its an issues with the 3.5 mm jack. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

With the amount of problems my sister has. It could be a hardware or software issues. Maybe an issue with the DAC on the device. Or it could be an issue with an APP you have on your phone. Ive seen Android Apps cause issues. Some times Apps dont play well together, or it just the combination of apps that dont play well. Id try to use blue tooth. Even if you dont buy a blue tooth headphones, maybe you have a family or friend that have a blue tooth speaker. Just to see, maybe its an issues with the 3.5 mm jack. 

I actually have Bluetooth headphones (though one ear is quieter than the other, but I can fix that in software). I'll try them. By any chance, do you know what DAC Bluetooth uses? Does it use the one built into your phone or built into the audio device itself. I'd think the device hosts the DAC because Bluetooth can be used for a ton of things, but what do you think? 

Edit: nvm Bluetooth is digital, not analogue. I think it's interesting we won't need DACs when analogue goes away.

Specs: