Instructions Unclear; Got Paperclip Stuck in Powersupply

cantalOPe

Seriously tho, there is now a paperclip in my power supply from trying to do that trick to see if it's working or not. Is this a problem? What should I do?

5 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

Seriously tho, there is now a paperclip in my power supply from trying to do that trick to see if it's working or not. Is this a problem? What should I do?

Is it stuck in the 24 pin atx connector or in the actual powersupply or...detail please? A picture would help

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

1 minute ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

Is it stuck in the 24 pin atx connector or in the actual powersupply or...detail please? A picture would help

Actual power supply... and I cannot see it from looking through the grill.

I've really done it this time :(

3 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

Actual power supply... and I cannot see it from looking through the grill.

I've really done it this time :(

I'm not even going to ask how you managed that. You may be able to take apart the powersupply to get it out but I wouldn't dare plug it in with a metal object in there.

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

2 minutes ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

I'm not even going to ask how you managed that. You may be able to take apart the powersupply to get it out but I wouldn't dare plug it in with a metal object in there.

You see, the RM550x's grill is spaced out pretty far apart... would it work to take it to a computer repair shop to have them do it for me? I feel like I've done enough.

1 minute ago, cantalOPe said:

You see, the RM550x's grill is spaced out pretty far apart... would it work to take it to a computer repair shop to have them do it for me? I feel like I've done enough.

They might refuse to open the powersupply because it can kill you if you aren't careful.

Main Rig:

My Folding Stats

Just now, MysticalRainXIV said:

They might refuse to open the powersupply because it can kill you if you aren't careful.

:( time to kill my self

Just now, cantalOPe said:

Well its either try to get it out or turn it on and risk it blowing up or something.

Main Rig:

My Folding Stats

Leave it to discharge for a week, not plugged in anywhere. Then you can void your warranty and take it apart, making sure to not be standing or touching anything metal in the vicinity. I took apart my CX600 to remove a weird plastic sheet blocking 80% of the fans intake xD

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Leave it to discharge for a week, not plugged in anywhere. Then you can void your warranty and take it apart, making sure to not be standing or touching anything metal in the vicinity. I took apart my CX600 to remove a weird plastic sheet blocking 80% of the fans intake xD

Ok, I guess my the plan to build my PC today is over :(

Ok, I guess my the plan to build my PC today is over :(

Or 3 days- wait, why were you doing the paper clip thing? With a new build all you have to do is plug it in and if it doesn't power on, try everything before RMAing it...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Or 3 days- wait, why were you doing the paper clip thing? With a new build all you have to do is plug it in and if it doesn't power on, try everything before RMAing it...

Yeah, I had assembled everything, but it wasn't turning on, so I went through the checklist on what to do if it doesn't boot up, and at one point it said to check if the psu is working or not using a paperclip, and thats where it happened :/

Just now, cantalOPe said:

Yeah, I had assembled everything, but it wasn't turning on, so I went through the checklist on what to do if it doesn't boot up, and at one point it said to check if the psu is working or not using a paperclip, and thats where it happened :/

Could've just reseated all connectors and checked if you actually remembered to switch it on at both ends. Anyways, hold it with the fan grill facing the floor and shake hard. Might help c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Could've just reseated all connectors and checked if you actually remembered to switch it on at both ends. Anyways, hold it with the fan grill facing the floor and shake hard. Might help c:

Thanks man. I can just be so damn unlucky sometimes ):

16 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

Thanks man. I can just be so damn unlucky sometimes ):

try shakin git out?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------