wii 1080p through vga

kelvinhall05

does anyone know if and/or how to use a wii in 1080p through vga or dvid? 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

does anyone know if and/or how to use a wii in 1080p through vga or dvid? 

I've never seen any devices that can do that.  

Some home-theater receivers can up-convert through HDMI, but it's not a noticeable difference.  There's an adapter for the built-in AV port to HDMI, but again, that won't really improve the picture quality if that's what your goal is.  

Component hookups is about as good as you're going to get. 

15 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

I've never seen any devices that can do that.  

Some home-theater receivers can up-convert through HDMI, but it's not a noticeable difference.  There's an adapter for the built-in AV port to HDMI, but again, that won't really improve the picture quality if that's what your goal is.  

Component hookups is about as good as you're going to get. 

dang, thanks anyways though :(:)

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

dang, thanks anyways though :(:)

Are you looking for improved picture quality or another means to physically connect it because of the display ports you have available?

17 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Are you looking for improved picture quality or another means to physically connect it because of the display ports you have available?

well, i got a really nice 24" 1920x1080p 60 hz dell monitor for $25 at a yard sale, and i dont really want to replace it since it was such a great deal, but it only has vga and dvid so...

also, 480p looks really fuzzy and not very pretty on it

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

well, i got a really nice 24" 1920x1080p 60 hz dell monitor for $25 at a yard sale, and i dont really want to replace it since it was such a great deal, but it only has vga and dvid so...

also, 480p looks really fuzzy and not very pretty on it

I see.  

On a whim, I just now Google'd "Wii vga cable." 

Among the top results, I found this. 

https://www.amazon.com/Wii-PS3-VGA-HDTV-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B0015MISAG

In the Q&A section, other buyers seem to be indicating/confirming it works on the Wii.  It might be worth your time to read the rest of it. 

looks pretty cool, and its a decent price

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I have no idea. 

Keep in mind, there's a difference between an increase of output resolution [from any adapters you might find] and an increase in image quality/ fidelity.  What I mean is, the Wii only does 480p at it's max.  So if any external upscaler or adapter claims to make it 1080p, the additional pixels have to come from some where, and they're not coming from the Wii.  The upscaler would have to duplicate pixels to fill in the gaps to make it 1080p.  That doesn't necessarily make the image look better.  In my personal opinion, you might as well instead just turn the Sharpness setting on the display all the way up. 

1 hour ago, TheBestUserName said:

I have no idea. 

Keep in mind, there's a difference between an increase of output resolution [from any adapters you might find] and an increase in image quality/ fidelity.  What I mean is, the Wii only does 480p at it's max.  So if any external upscaler or adapter claims to make it 1080p, the additional pixels have to come from some where, and they're not coming from the Wii.  The upscaler would have to duplicate pixels to fill in the gaps to make it 1080p.  That doesn't necessarily make the image look better.  In my personal opinion, you might as well instead just turn the Sharpness setting on the display all the way up. 

could you maybe show my how to do that? the model of my monitor is the dell g2410 if that helps

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

9 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

could you maybe show my how to do that? the model of my monitor is the dell g2410 if that helps

Huh? How to do what?

31 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

Huh? How to do what?

adjust the sharpness

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

adjust the sharpness

I dunno man. Check the user guide.  It's probably online if you don't have a paper copy.  Or look through the on-screen menu. 

Just now, TheBestUserName said:

I dunno man. Check the user guide.  It's probably online if you don't have a paper copy.  Or look through the on-screen menu. 

duh, thanks man! :)

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

found it, right in display settings, right under my nose *facepalm*

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈