Sound after video?

MattLY

I have a projector hooked up to my pc with an hdmi cable and a sound bar attached via bluetooth. When watching anything the sound always comes 1 sec. after the video? Anyone know how to fix? Thanks for reading!!

Plug your speakers directly to the PC or projector output. There is high latency with Bluetooth.

It can also be the codec you are using that has a delay or your video was badly made or converted.

On 8/10/2016 at 8:47 PM, MattLY said:

I have a projector hooked up to my pc with an hdmi cable and a sound bar attached via bluetooth. When watching anything the sound always comes 1 sec. after the video? Anyone know how to fix? Thanks for reading!!

1 second is too long of a delay. This should not be the case. Bluetooth processing and transmission causes a delay in audio, but it should not take an entire second. It's usually less than 200 ms end-to-end (way less that that on low latency devices). There could be something else in your PC or in your sound bar that is causing it (a software audio buffer somewhere, perhaps).

I agree with the prior comment. Try hard-wiring the sound-bar.

1 minute ago, Stagea said:

1 second is too long of a delay. This should not be the case. Bluetooth processing and transmission causes a delay in audio, but it should not take an entire second. It's usually less than 200 ms end-to-end (way less that that on low latency devices). There could be something else in your PC or in your sound bar that is causing it (a software audio buffer somewhere, perhaps).

I agree with the prior comment. Try hard-wiring the sound-bar.

Hey sorry for not updating the thread but the latenecy was caused by the bluetooth dongle attached to a usb hub. I since then attached it straight into my motherboard. Thanks for the reply!