Yoga Thinkpad 460?

AphelionXII

Have you guys seen the new Thinkpad?  Sure the DDR3 memory but a 940m, ample room for SSD, with good thermals FOR 900 BUCKS?  WHAT!  There has to be something seriously wrong with this unit, that I can't seem to figure out.  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-2-in-1-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/4456400.p?skuId=4456400

I don't even know if I am posting this in the right place!  But it seems like news to me!  I mean this seems like the best Thinkpad model of all time, for a completely modest price.  IT HAS A WACOM PEN DRIVER.  Which in my opinion makes it completely superior to the Surface book!

Can someone talk me down?  I am kinda freaking out right now.  

Memes.jpg

940m isnt too bad actually, I'm just fine with my 650m. Although it only has 1 usb 3.0 port (well I guess 1 usb 3.0 is and 2 usb 2.0 is better than 2 usb 3.0), it seems like a good laptop. Processor is good, now all it needs is 500GB SSD and 16GB and its the perfect convertable laptop.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

You can totally install one.  AND the keys retract when you put it into tablet mode.  This is nutty.  

Not bad, not bad at all. DDR3 is pretty ininfluential and this isn't really what you'd buy to play games a lot, so a 940m is adequate.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm not really playing games on my laptop, a little light image manipulation, a little minecraft.  A lot of typing to denizens of the message boards such as this.  

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

12 minutes ago, RiteshSingh93 said:

That actually looks nice, im assuming its a region constrained Laptop.

hope they'll do like for their phones and make it available in europe too, even if it means 100 or 200 euro more

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

BestBuy has been selling this laptop or one that is nearly identical for years now.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

2 hours ago, ltguy said:

BestBuy has been selling this laptop or one that is nearly identical for years now.

Years?

How long do you think skylake has been out for?

1 hour ago, potoooooooo said:

Years?

How long do you think skylake has been out for?

"nearly" ie minus the skylake refresh. 

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

• 5 months later...