need info for a new gaming keyboard

SDWdidi

Hey there,

So i recently (couple of months ago) joined pc gaming and now i would like to upgrade my keyboard to an actual mechanical gaming keyboard which would be fitting in my black-red theme and also would be pretty comfortable. Now that's the easy part XD. My other problem is actually that i have no clue what type of switch i have to choose i've been watching lots of videos about what every switch does but still don't understand anything. Basically i'm a fast learner but this is the first time i actually have a big trouble on understanding this. 

PS: I mainly play fps games such as rainbow six siege and battlefield4. Occasionally i play games as cities skylines, GTAV, Subnautica, Kerbal Space Program, etc..

thanks for any help

SDWdidi

ow yeah i forgot to say i was thinking in buying the corsair K70 rapidfire but as i said no idea what switches it uses (although i can find that quickly) and if it's aactually good

Do you like tactile feedback when you type, no feedback or a audible click? 

Most popular switches people choose are Red or Brown. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

well when i saw the info on razer i liked the click (they show every switch how it sounds and works)

2 minutes ago, SDWdidi said:

ow yeah i forgot to say i was thinking in buying the corsair K70 rapidfire but as i said no idea what switches it uses (although i can find that quickly) and if it's aactually good

MX speeds are linear switches (no tactile bump), very similar to MX red (try some if you can get your hands on a keyboard with them at your local tech store). Only difference is how far down you have to press down the switch for it to register. 

2 minutes ago, SDWdidi said:

well when i saw the info on razer i liked the click (they show every switch how it sounds and works)

They're okay if they're Cherry MX blues, other key switches don't really compare to Cherry in feel and quality.  

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

27 minutes ago, SDWdidi said:

what would the "tactile bump be ?"

MX Browns or sometimes you'll find Clears too. 

Computing enthusiast. 

When you press the key down you can feel a bump when you press down, the distance down at which you will feel it varies by key switch, that is, if the key switch has the tactile bump.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

ok so i've been watchin a bit more and i've found out that the best i should buy (also based of what has been talked here) was cherrey or brown mx siwtches any keyboard suggestsed also i've seen some bad reviews about the razer switches having bad quality is that tue ?

35 minutes ago, SDWdidi said:

ok so i've been watchin a bit more and i've found out that the best i should buy (also based of what has been talked here) was cherrey or brown mx siwtches any keyboard suggestsed also i've seen some bad reviews about the razer switches having bad quality is that tue ?

Quality control is pretty poor on Razer keyboards that don't use Cherry Switches; There are plenty of keyboards with MX browns, Corsair K70's, k65s (I believe) and other brands like logitech, and cooler master. 

Computing enthusiast.