How should I go about doing this?

Xiauj

Hey guys, what do you think is the most immersive possible Monitor setup for Gaming? I'm trying to find a really good but also affordable setup so I can get that (What I would call) "oh so Immersive Gaming Experience" xD.

I'm thinking of a few options that could(?) work:

• One BIG Monitor (Curved) (Would not prefer but is still an option)
  • 2x UltraWide Monitors (Curved)
  • 3x 24" Monitors (Would not prefer to not do this but is still an option)
  • 4x 24" Monitors and have them in a 2x2 Grid 

The reason I chose curved monitors is because, I have a corner shaped desk (I can show a picture if needed) and so, it might(?) fit in an easier way.

Also... my GPU for my new soon-to-be PC Build is a EVGA FTW ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 so NVIDIA's G-Sync would be a bonus! As would fast response time, great quality and reliability. Will be using DisplayPort, not any other connection type.

I don't want to spend over £750-£800+ either if possible.

Thanks

~Xiauj ^_^

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

3 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Hey guys, what do you think is the most immersive possible Monitor setup for Gaming? I'm trying to find a really good but also affordable setup so I can get that (What I would call) "oh so Immersive Gaming Experience" xD.

I'm thinking of a few options that could(?) work:

• One BIG Monitor (Curved) (Would not prefer but is still an option)
  • 2x UltraWide Monitors (Curved)
  • 3x 24" Monitors (Would not prefer to not do this but is still an option)
  • 4x 24" Monitors and have them in a 2x2 Grid

Thanks

~Xiauj ^_^

I'd personally opt for the 2x Ultrawide monitors for the following reasons: more realestate than 1 monitor and 2 ultrawides together look awesome!

HTC vive, full immersion

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, VAkena said:

I'd personally opt for the 2x Ultrawide monitors for the following reasons: more realestate than 1 monitor and 2 ultrawides together look awesome!

Do you happen to know or would recommend any good ones? I dunno what size because I dunno how to measure CURVED MONITORS... :|

Remember the following:

8 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Also... my GPU for my new soon-to-be PC Build is a EVGA FTW ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 so NVIDIA's G-Sync would be a bonus! As would fast response time, great quality and reliability. Will be using DisplayPort, not any other connection type.

Just now, Cyracus said:

HTC vive, full immersion

Not that much immersion Cyracus ;):P Just a immersive monitor setup and maybe a Vive later on in the year or next year

6 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Remember the following:

14 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

might be a bit tough https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=2560x1080&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A1292115011%2Ck%3A2560x1080%2Cp_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A12659080011&qid=1469239883&sort=price-asc-rank

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

5 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Do you happen to know or would recommend any good ones? I dunno what size because I dunno how to measure CURVED MONITORS... :|

Samsung Minimalist Monitor: http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/it/monitor/led-monitor/LS27D590PS/ZN

I was personally going to buy 2-3 of these becuase I like the minimalistic look and feel with the rest of my setup. It's not curverd but it still lokks damn beautiful. 

@Cyracus & @VAkena,

Ok I've been doing a little bit of research and I've found a few options:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 1:

2x of this monitor: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TF0XXTG/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Total cost = £700 ish..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2:

1x of this monitor: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-34uc97-34-3440x1440-ips-widescreen-super-wide-curved-led-monitor-mo-120-lg.html

Total cost = £700 ish..

Option 3:

1x of this monitor: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer-predator-xr341ckb-34-3440x1440-ips-75hz-widescreen-super-wide-curved-led-monitor-mo-090-ac.html

Total cost = £600 ish..

I'm not gonna lie but, Option 3 is looking very... VERY tempting but then the same applies to Option 1. 

I was just watching Linus' review on it (Option 3) and yes I know..... the Upload Date is indeed the 3rd of August in 2015 but still..... here's the video:

What do you guys think? Would you recommend it? or maaaybe not..?

Also, it turns out that a NVIDIA GPU on a Freesync monitor should cause no issues. I seriously hope I don't get issues like screen tearing or whatever else.....

47 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

a NVIDIA GPU on a Freesync monitor should cause no issues

it should work the same as a regular monitor would, but since freesync comes at a premium price it wouldn't make since to buy one unless you were pairing it with an amd card. as for the review it may be almost a year old, but so is the monitor, and there's not a whole lot of reasons to go back and retest old monitors :P  But to its credit option 1 is the only one with a real contrast number

desktop

Spoiler

HTPC

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Cyracus said:

t wouldn't make since to buy one unless you were pairing it with an amd card.

Yeah... very true.

10 hours ago, GooDBoY920 said:

~snip~

Oh wow! I just looked at the price for it on Amazon and it says £499 which isn't that bad! Nice find! xD

I do however have a question @GooDBoY920, is there any similar ones with most of that monitor's features but in a UltraWide size(s)?

The monitor looks really good though! Wish I could have gotten 2 :( But they're a little bit expensive soo... yeah.

Also realized those ones don't have IPS.

Also, just another quick question:

If you were to suggest a single monitor with G-Sync, IPS and other good features, which one would you suggest? and preferably a link, please? :P

1 minute ago, GooDBoY920 said:

I didn't find any ultra wide with the same spec. Check this link (It has big list of the latest gaming monitors): http://www.144hzmonitors.com/gaming-monitor-list-120hz-144hz-165hz-200hz-240hz/

Is there any (UltraWide ones) without G-Sync? It seems G-Sync is the one thing that keeps on limiting me :/ 

I never thought finding that right monitor would be so damn hard/would have taken me this long x_x

The struggle just gets worse and worse and worse...... ugh

2 hours ago, Xiauj said:

I never thought finding that right monitor would be so damn hard/would have taken me this long x_x

The struggle just gets worse and worse and worse...... ugh

This may make it easier for you: 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_4?tag=amazon0606-20&url=search-alias%3daps&field-keywords=acer+predator+x34p&sprefix=acer+predator+x34p%2caps%2c225

1 minute ago, GooDBoY920 said:

Oh yeah, the Predator by Acer.

The price though >:( If only I had that much to spend lol

Looks so damn good though :( 

Same applies to this monitor:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A9EN4YU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1MF9PKFJJ5X8M&coliid=I3UVYGMF8ILJ58

Never mind haha lol, I didn't see the first comment by the time I posted my comment just now -^

*sighs*

I dunno... will have to think of something.

Part of me is tempted to get a RX 480 because of so many god damn Freesync monitors -_-

(That was an actual joke, not something I'm considering)

EDIT:

The only option that could(?) work is to get 2x of the newer version of my current monitor and use with the old one to use as a triple monitor display.