Cloud 1 or Cloud 2?

Go to solution Solved by Clanscorpia,
19 minutes ago, technocrat_13 said:

My current headset, the Cooler Master Sirus-c recently started giving me issues. So i ventured out to find the perfect headset for my needs, and I found them:-

The HyperX Cloud II 

But, on reading reviews and talking to people who own the headset they said that the 7.1 surround card is shit, and it was a bad inclusion. They said that Kingston should just get rid of the sound card. But Kingston already had, with the OG Clouds. But then the problem arose that no Surround sound. I need surround sound for extra immersion and CS:GO, So i found a trusty little USB sound card, The Roccat Juke. 

So, I reach out to you guys asking weather this solution is good (Cloud 1 with Juke), or the sound card is not that bad on the Cloud 2, Or is their another headset that can fill my desire?

Price range about 80$-120$ also all my shopping is done on http://www.amazon.in/

The surround is Virtual, all software. CSGO has surround even on Apple earbuds. If you want the cloud 2's without the soundcard, get the /Cloud c/ores, Cloud 2's without the sound card basically. I get the same immersion with mine as people with Cloud 2's get.

My current headset, the Cooler Master Sirus-c recently started giving me issues. So i ventured out to find the perfect headset for my needs, and I found them:-

The HyperX Cloud II 

But, on reading reviews and talking to people who own the headset they said that the 7.1 surround card is shit, and it was a bad inclusion. They said that Kingston should just get rid of the sound card. But Kingston already had, with the OG Clouds. But then the problem arose that no Surround sound. I need surround sound for extra immersion and CS:GO, So i found a trusty little USB sound card, The Roccat Juke. 

So, I reach out to you guys asking weather this solution is good (Cloud 1 with Juke), or the sound card is not that bad on the Cloud 2, Or is their another headset that can fill my desire?

Price range about 80$-120$ also all my shopping is done on http://www.amazon.in/

I am sorry this is off topic but if you install the "Cloud to butt" extension and read this post it makes me have a little giggle.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

7 minutes ago, Textosterone said:

I am sorry this is off topic but if you install the "Cloud to butt" extension and read this post it makes me have a little giggle.

Lmao, Just searched up the extension. But do you have any reply to solve my dilemma?

I have the Cloud 1, and I love it. But, I'm pretty sure the differences between the models are pretty minimal. The only significant difference is that the Cloud 2 comes with a virtual 7.1 USB sound dongle. 

The Cheap SFF Wonder -- Turning a Core 2 Duo SFF machine into a useful member of computer society!

i5 3570 -- AS.Rock Z77 Pro3 -- 12GB DDR3 -- R9 380X -- 840Evo 500GB/1TB HDD 

I speak the honest truth with a bit of snark mixed in. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with your beliefs.

19 minutes ago, technocrat_13 said:

The HyperX Cloud II 

The surround is Virtual, all software. CSGO has surround even on Apple earbuds. If you want the cloud 2's without the soundcard, get the /Cloud c/ores, Cloud 2's without the sound card basically. I get the same immersion with mine as people with Cloud 2's get.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

What about Software like Razer Surround? The demo version did help with CS, But i could not notice a difference with other games.

1 hour ago, technocrat_13 said:

Lmao, Just searched up the extension. But do you have any reply to solve my dilemma?

i have the "Butt" II's  they are pretty nice headphones no software really needed with them. And they have great surround sound

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

i'd honestly just suggest the cloud 1's, mostly because they're cheaper and all standard TRS 3.5mm:P