Hi guys, I want to know is the internet speed from the Internet Exchange is controlled by the port speed or the bandwidth management? If I have a 10Gb speed from them, and distributes it to 25 servers (every server holds 400 users) and each user must have 1Gb connection. My company has a very big project and I'm askimg is this possible. Bassically, it means like I seperate a 10Gb connection to 10,000 users and every users will be enjoying 1Gb speed. Somehow, I think this is bottleneck.

Update: Ok, then I will distribute it to only 8 servers. 

Edited by mztang52

Well, yes it's a bottleneck - a 10 Gb connection can't possible provide 1 Gb speeds to 10000 users simultaneously; the best they'll get is 1 Mbit each

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

To answer your question, the internet speed is based on both. If you have more users on the line at once, the bandwidth for each user decreases. If you use a port that is slower than what the internet line can provide, it will also be slower.

However, to distribute this optimally means you need to understand your peak usage case. Is everyone going to hammer this network for extended periods of time, or are only a handful? And for what times?

What you're presenting reminded me of this video, at least the first part describing Erlang's problem:

21 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, yes it's a bottleneck - a 10 Gb connection can't possible provide 1 Gb speeds to 10000 users simultaneously; the best they'll get is 1 Mbit each

What if I change to 8 servers only?

21 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

To answer your question, the internet speed is based on both. If you have more users on the line at once, the bandwidth for each user decreases. If you use a port that is slower than what the internet line can provide, it will also be slower.

However, to distribute this optimally means you need to understand your peak usage case. Is everyone going to hammer this network for extended periods of time, or are only a handful? And for what times?

What you're presenting reminded me of this video, at least the first part describing Erlang's problem:

Will Load balancer solve this problem?

19 minutes ago, mztang52 said:

What if I change to 8 servers only?

well, no... 10 Gb divided by 8 servers x 400 users each = 3.125 Mb per user.  If you want to give each person 1 Gb from a 10 Gb source, you can't have more than 10 users (assuming everyone is maxing the connection all at the same time).

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.