Power Supply Incompatibility?

bexmxe

here's the story guys. I got a PC and my Power Supply is Seasonic S12 and my Motherboard is 970A-DS3P. whenever I pair these two, when I turn on the pc for about 1 hour the computer shutdowns no monitor signal and no light on keyboards complete shutdown, but the fans are still spinning. and it wont turn off by simply holding down the power button, I need to off the power supply in the back to make the fans stop because it's switching power supply.

when I turn it on again, it wont boot, no monitor signal but the fans are spinning. I need to pull out the rams and put it in again so the computer will boot. I tried other Power Supply (a cheap power supply) in my PC and it seems fine, no shutdown in 3 hours. I tried my Seasonic S12 to another PC, and it is fine too, no shutdown for 3 hours. but when I paired them again, it would restart after 1 hour. please help.

Cpu: fx 8320

Mobo: 970A-DS3P

Gpu: GTX 750 Ti Storm X

PSU: Seasonic S12 620W

this is crazy, is it not compatible or something?

Sounds like a faulty board...

Do you experience that problem when the pc is under load, or is it random?

I would do a more lengthy test with the other psu you have.

Use it in your pc for about a week and see if you experience the problem again. If you do, then it's probably the board that's gone wonky. If not I'd RMA that Seasonic.

9 minutes ago, bexmxe said:

here's the story guys. I got a PC and my Power Supply is Seasonic S12 and my Motherboard is 970A-DS3P. whenever I pair these two, when I turn on the pc for about 1 hour the computer shutdowns no monitor signal and no light on keyboards complete shutdown, but the fans are still spinning. and it wont turn off by simply holding down the power button, I need to off the power supply in the back to make the fans stop because it's switching power supply.

when I turn it on again, it wont boot, no monitor signal but the fans are spinning. I need to pull out the rams and put it in again so the computer will boot. I tried other Power Supply (a cheap power supply) in my PC and it seems fine, no shutdown in 3 hours. I tried my Seasonic S12 to another PC, and it is fine too, no shutdown for 3 hours. but when I paired them again, it would restart after 1 hour. please help.

Cpu: fx 8320

Mobo: 970A-DS3P

Gpu: GTX 750 Ti Storm X

PSU: Seasonic S12 620W

This may be a bit of a stretch, but try a higher wattage PSU, it's possible that it may be using more power than the PSU can handle.

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

6 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

This may be a bit of a stretch, but try a higher wattage PSU, it's possible that it may be using more power than the PSU can handle.

Nah, despite it only being a Bronze rated PSU, 620w is more than enough for an FX8350 + 750Ti. It may be a faulty motherboard, or PSU.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

4 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

Nah, despite it only being a Bronze rated PSU, 620w is more than enough for an FX8350 + 750Ti. It may be a faulty motherboard, or PSU.

Efficiency ratings don't equal the quality of the PSU. An EVGA G1 is leagues worse than the EVGA B2.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

it's completely random, I was just browsing at that time, sometimes while playing games. I hope the fault is on PSU, because my psu still have a warranty

could you also try doing a test of the RAM modules? I lost a perfectly good mobo once (got a refurbished one in return), while the RAM module was at fault.

8 hours ago, samfisher770 said:

could you also try doing a test of the RAM modules? I lost a perfectly good mobo once (got a refurbished one in return), while the RAM module was at fault.

Tested my rams in memtest86. No error