Console killer build for 300 usd

Hello everyone! I am currently working on a 1k gaming pc build for myself and my little brother has taken an interest in computers from watching me work on mine. As such I was hoping you all could be so kind as to help me come up with some sort of "Console Killer" PC for around 300 usd not including OS or KB/M. He plays games like Minecraft and Call of Duty on a ps4 so I am hoping to come close to those graphics capabilities.

Only requirements I ask for is that the PC has enough space for a GPU and a WiFi card. Thank you very much for looking and any advice in regards to this. This will ne the second PC I've built so I am still a complete noob.

you might have to go used parts to get in 300 dollar range if you want a dedicated gpu

Just now, Jonnyswboy said:

You need more money.

Lol. Was just hoping to toss together a pc for my kid brother (12) at a similar price to a current console. Guess I will have to just put it on hold until I have some more cash available. The used market out here is pretty shitty. People oversell everything for almost what it is retail or for more since it is "oop".

Where exactly is "out here", never know what we might be able to find with a little more info :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Kithkannin said:

Lol. Was just hoping to toss together a pc for my kid brother (12) at a similar price to a current console. Guess I will have to just put it on hold until I have some more cash available. The used market out here is pretty shitty. People oversell everything for almost what it is retail or for more since it is "oop".

Yeah, once you hit 400 you should be fine, keep in mind that pretty much any gaming pc is now going to outperform a console, the consoles were medium low hardware when they released now they are just... low with great optimization

8 minutes ago, Kithkannin said:

Hello everyone! I am currently working on a 1k gaming pc build for myself and my little brother has taken an interest in computers from watching me work on mine. As such I was hoping you all could be so kind as to help me come up with some sort of "Console Killer" PC for around 300 usd not including OS or KB/M. He plays games like Minecraft and Call of Duty on a ps4 so I am hoping to come close to those graphics capabilities.

Only requirements I ask for is that the PC has enough space for a GPU and a WiFi card. Thank you very much for looking and any advice in regards to this. This will ne the second PC I've built so I am still a complete noob.

If you are fine with a Pentium, this build will be able to play MC and for the most part, nearly all games.  Not on max but it is more than capable of playing games and basic stuff.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3250 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($52.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: *Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($26.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($26.75 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $296.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-01 15:11 EDT-0400

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Just now, Adreyu said:

Yeah, once you hit 400 you should be fine, keep in mind that pretty much any gaming pc is now going to outperform a console, the consoles were medium low hardware when they released now they are just... low with great optimization

Well I can push the budget to 400 just means I will buy some and then the rest in a few weeks.

If you could go up to $400, I could make a superior listing.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

Well I can push the budget to 400 just means I will buy some and then the rest in a few weeks.

That will be better

1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

If you could go up to $400, I could make a superior listing.

Sure thing that would be awesome. Preferably no higher though. This is an impulse thing to do something nice for my kid brother lol.  

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6nKwwP

there is my take on 400 dollars, somebody else might be able to give you a better option. 
My settings on pc part picker include tax so i dont know if that will show up for you but if its 408 like on mine, thats with tax included.
its a decent quad core and a capable gpu with and ssd. should be decent for what your brother does.

Just now, Adreyu said:

there is my take on 400 dollars, somebody else might be able to give you a better option.

I guess someone did :P 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($108.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: *Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($26.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($26.75 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($143.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $401.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-01 15:21 EDT-0400

I personally would push for a better PSU and motherboard, but that would cost $450 and still offer the same specs.

2 minutes ago, Adreyu said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6nKwwP

My settings on pc part picker include tax so i dont know if that will show up for you but if its 408 like on mine, thats with tax included.
its a decent quad core and a capable gpu with and ssd. should be decent for what your brother does.

Thank you that build looks great. Will see if anyone comes up with anything else. However I really like this one and it seems like it should be able to handle his gaming needs.

Just now, Weak1ings said:

I guess someone did :P 

This is a good build, I didnt expect the i3 to be so cheap, then again i'm used to canadian pricing lol