Shield Portable??

Is there anywhere you can buy the shield portable anymore? I really want one, but I can't seem to find it for a reasonable price anywhere.

Nvidia silently stopped manufacturing a while back. They still advertise it though for some reason. When they stopped making it it was speculated that they were gonna update it possibly with a x1 chip but if never happened.

Just now, ryan27968 said:

Nvidia silently stopped manufacturing a while back. They still advertise it though for some reason. When they stopped making it it was speculated that they were gonna update it possibly with a x1 chip but if never happened.

damn, I really wanted one of those, I guess I'll have to make a makeshift one lol

1 minute ago, partypanda64 said:

ehhhh, I don't like buying used items from ebay, I always find ebay really sketchy.

And a diy job isn't?

ehhhh, I don't like buying used items from ebay, I always find ebay really sketchy.

It's a mixed bag I agree. But it's probably your best bet if you reaaly want one. 

Just now, ryan27968 said:

And a diy job isn't?

it is, but if it doesn't work it's my fault, and not some random guy on ebay.

I think Ebay does a pretty good job of taking care of people if the seller screws them over though. 

New NVIDIA Shield Portable cost $700 that is equivalent to a latest high tech smart phone today. Not worth it for your money because a latest high tech smart phone can do ways better than NVIDIA Shield Portable. 

it is, but if it doesn't work it's my fault, and not some random guy on ebay.

Yeah I get what you're saying. Check Craigslist because that way you can see it in person to make sure it works. What exactly do you want in the device? The streaming or the android games?

1 minute ago, cleb said:

I think Ebay does a pretty good job of taking care of people if the seller screws them over though. 

Generally, but I have had bad experiences with them in the past, so I don't use them anymore.

Just now, partypanda64 said:

Generally, but I have had bad experiences with them in the past, so I don't use them anymore.

Fair enough. Everyone has there preferences. Out of curiosity. What is your plan with the DIY one? 

3 minutes ago, cleb said:

Fair enough. Everyone has there preferences. Out of curiosity. What is your plan with the DIY one? 

Intel computer stick, portable monitor, and a custom case. I know it isn't a shield portable, but it's close enough for me.

3 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

Intel computer stick, portable monitor, and a custom case. I know it isn't a shield portable, but it's close enough for me.

Or get a Samsung phone and an Xbox controller, and get a handle that connects them. Download some software on the Samsung and boom game stream. Linus even did it himself.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

2 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

Oh that's an interesting idea. For streaming or native games? Note that the compute stick isn't very powerful. Personally I would go raspberry pi. The raspberry pi 3 is pretty powerful and has WiFi. Combine that with a cool case design possibly like Ben Heck's and it would be a really cool system. But it all depends on what you're using it for.

1 minute ago, Trav_X said:

Or get a Samsung phone and an Xbox controller, and get a handle that connects them. Download some software on the Samsung and boom game stream. Linus even did it himself.

I would probably use it for streaming, but because it has decent specifications, I could probably use it for a little bit of native gaming, and HD video playback/streaming.

I think an Intel compute stick could work pretty well. But I think it's wifi is pretty limited to my understanding, which will severally affect your streaming experience. 

• 2 weeks later...

Portable put of stock and expensive because of!Linus video hhhhhh xD so!show it felt that he favored the portable over the tablet so ... :3 all the channel fans went out and bought it