Google drive sync used 250GB in 20 days problem

Hi there

As the title says my parents google drive is doing some very, very strange stuff. So about a month ago my mum got back from overseas and went about her work as usual. The other day their work got a call from the internet company that each day someone was UPLOADING 30gb of data somehow. Now what is strange is not only that it is doing this every day but that her google drive is only 11.8gb in size. 

If anyone here knows anything about what is going on or how to fix this That'd be great but aside from that I'm just going to have to uninstall and reinstall it tomorrow for her.

So to repeat, her google drive is 11.8gb big, each day Google drive sync uses 30GB of upload for some reason, total used is 250ish GB and I have run both Eset Nod 32 antivirus and malware-bytes so I'm out of ideas as opposed to uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Try to install Glaswire, it monitors all internet activity on that pc and so much more (it's free), that way you can make shure its drive uploading the 30 gigs, glasswire also does a lot more.

And yes uninstalling it would also work but instead of reinstalling it wait a day and see what happens.