How to reduce ping problems?

TheMidnightNarwhal
Go to solution Solved by SteepGnomeKing,

your dad is watching some weird videos, watching videos dont hurt the ping that much

You seriously are not being helpful at all and not giving any actual usable advise just please stop responding.

One way to fix this is to get a router with a Quality of Service. This will set up priority for games so they get the packets first and put streaming or downloading as a secondary priority so it it get's less attention and doesn't slow down your gaming session.

Another way this could be fixed is by possibly getting a faster internet package. It seems that you don't have the bandwidth to be able to use multiple devices without one of them being affected.

So yeah if I play a game, like League of Legends and I'm downloading something at the same time or my dad is watching videos and my ping goes up to like 200-300. How can I avoid this? Higher download bandwith, better routor or what? What are the solutions and cause of this?

Well stop downloading stuff, close all tabs League Of legends is like that the lag spikes

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Stop downloading!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Stop downloading!!!!

Well stop downloading stuff, close all tabs League Of legends is like that the lag spikes

I never really download when playing games but it's an example of a problem, how is it solvable (except ofcourse stopping the download) ? 

I never really download when playing games but it's an example of a problem, how is it solvable (except ofcourse stopping the download) ? 

You don't solve it you stop downloading

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Problem is more with my dad watching vids.

your dad is watching some weird videos, watching videos dont hurt the ping that much

You seriously are not being helpful at all and not giving any actual usable advise just please stop responding.

One way to fix this is to get a router with a Quality of Service. This will set up priority for games so they get the packets first and put streaming or downloading as a secondary priority so it it get's less attention and doesn't slow down your gaming session.

Another way this could be fixed is by possibly getting a faster internet package. It seems that you don't have the bandwidth to be able to use multiple devices without one of them being affected.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

It's called 1080p Videos....

Thanks that exactly what I was asking for, a solution. Yeah I think the problem is the routor it's not really good.... so basically I need better bandwith. Thanks again.