Gaming Laptop

Hey everyone, 

I've been doing research for the past week looking for a gaming laptop so that I can get into PC gaming. My budget is $3500 and before any of you PC master race people say build a PC I don't have the space and am barely in one place especially in the summer. I am looking for a gaming laptop that has enough power to play power hungry games like the witcher and Batman AK at the highest settings. So far I am looking at the Acer Predator 15 and the Alienware 15 R2 with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M. Something that is also important to me is the ability to connect the laptop to a tv when I am able to, without getting lag. 

Any help would be appreciated.

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

5 minutes ago, KearneyMC said:

Hinge build is iffy on that one tho - having them close together is not the best of ideas.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Forgot to say that I'm looking for 15 inch.

A bit too big... I may have to go to a local best buy later and actually look at 17.3 inch screen on an alien ware or another laptop and see if I can handle it.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to buy the Alienware 15 for 2500 CAD and got it 500 dollars off. It will be good for my uses and has the GTX 970m. I decided go with it because of future expandability so that when I am at home I can hook it up to the graphics amplifier when I decide to buy that and can add some monitors to make it into a powerful desktop.

I wish I could go with a desktop because of how cheap it would be to build my own but for the past 5 years, at least, I've always been on the go and am barely at one place for more than a day. I also never get to gaming because of constantly being on the go, so this should help me fulfill my desire for PC gaming.