Corsair C70 What kind of fans are best?

Well I am just wondering what fans are best for my case overall as I am not completely sure about static pressure etc and when to use static pressure fans, I'd say I have very basic knowledge of them for e.g I know to use Static pressure fans for radiators due to them being constricted.

I'd like to say I am not a freak about the fans being as quiet as possible.

I will be using Corsair fans due to them being much more affordable than noctuas in the uk, E.Gs.

Noctua NF-F12 = £17.65 for 1 fan

Corsair SP120 Performance edition = £22.73 for a 2 Pack.

My current plan is to have:

Radiator for H100i: Corsair SP120s

Rear Exhaust: Corsair AF120 I assume the grill for the rear exhaust will not be a hindrance to them and would not require static pressure.

This is where I am not entirely sure.

I will have the top HDD cage removed and the fans mounted in the front panel with the dust filter on.

Front Fans: Corsair SP120s
I am thinking about using 1 AF120 for the top fan on the front where the HDD cage will be removed and 1 SP120 for the bottom fan where the HDD cage Will still be, but I am not entirely sure which would perform better.

I think it should be the SP120s due to the grill of the front panel and the dust filter which would sort of make sense to get static pressure fans.

Side panel: Corsair AF120s as I again assume the grill on the side panel like that of the rear exhaust will not be a hindrance to them and would not require static pressure.

Thanks for any help in advanced, Blissing.

I just use SP120s all around in my case.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

SP120's are quite loud and the AF series isn't as quiet as cheaper alternatives.

I'd recommend CM Sickleflows or Gelid Solutions for both your radiator and your case. Pick one with the colors you like.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Corsair fans are very over rated

Please don't just say corsair fans are overrated please give an explanation as why and what is a better product in the same price range and performance range as this would really help me as I wouldn't mind spending a little extra for a better product (£5 or so more) The noctuas are over £10 more than the Corsair fans and considering I am buying 7 fans that price starts to add up and become a lot of money.

SP120's are quite loud and the AF series isn't as quiet as cheaper alternatives.

I'd recommend CM Sickleflows or Gelid Solutions for both your radiator and your case. Pick one with the colors you like.

Hi thanks for the advice, I am really liking the look of the gelid solutions fans as they are good looking and well priced, do you have any recommendations of what models to use for the case and which to use for the radiators?

I use Cougar Turbine fans because they push alot of air and it can be used for radiators also. Just got a 4 pack bundle of it and placed it around my case.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hi thanks for the advice, I am really liking the look of the gelid solutions fans as they are good looking and well priced, do you have any recommendations of what models to use for the case and which to use for the radiators?

These are good for both the radiator and the case: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gelid-solutions-case-fan-fnfw1215b

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

AF's have a ticking coming from the motor and SP's are just not silent at all.

Have a look at something like Noiseblocker's or BeQuiet! fans, they are pretty much best on the market and NB's are usually abit cheaper than Noctua's.

If you want cheaper fans have a look at BitFenix Spectres for case fans and Spectre Pro's for rad fans.

As previously said I am not a noise freak and don't mind them being loud, I have a fridge freezer in my room so I doubt most fans will be louder than that!

How ever I do like the price and look of the Noiseblockers and BitFenix Spectres and Spectres pro, so these will be considered at the time of buying.

I couldn't find much for the BeQuiet! fans apart from on ebay but I don't really like buying from there as most the time I don't get tracking.

These are good for both the radiator and the case: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gelid-solutions-case-fan-fnfw1215b

Thanks for the advice, I really do like the price of these fans and would love to get them but sadly I can only find them in blue and green, while the rest of my build is all red and black, I would happily throw white fans in there but they don't do them, I know its being really picky as I will rarely see the inside of my case but its enough to put me off.

Thanks anyway for the help.

Thanks for the advice, I really do like the price of these fans and would love to get them but sadly I can only find them in blue and green, while the rest of my build is all red and black, I would happily throw white fans in there but they don't do them, I know its being really picky as I will rarely see the inside of my case but its enough to put me off.

Thanks anyway for the help.

In that case, get some Sickleflows--even cheaper: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-case-fan-r4l2r20arr1

They're good for radiators and the case as well. 

Edit: Do make sure you turn them down. They can be loud when maxed out but are very quiet and still push good air when lowered to below 1400 rpm.

Well in that case Corsairs will be fine if they are the cheapest :)

Again thanks for your help, I think it will be between the Corsair ones and the Noiseblockers, I am just searching around for now to see which ones I can get cheapest, where from and the performance differences.

In that case, get some Sickleflows--even cheaper: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-case-fan-r4l2r20arr1

They're good for radiators and the case as well. 

Edit: Do make sure you turn them down. They can be loud when maxed out but are very quiet and still push good air when lowered to below 1400 rpm.

I just checked them out and was watching a review of them compared to the SP120s performance edition and they weren't that much hotter and were quieter so these are most likely now going to be the ones I buy as they are the cheapest I can find.

Thanks for the help again!

I use Cougar Turbine fans because they push alot of air and it can be used for radiators also. Just got a 4 pack bundle of it and placed it around my case.

Thanks for the reply, sadly these look hard to come by in the U.k and would have to be imported via ebay which as stated else where I don't really like using due to not really being able to get track on my deliveries.