'Normal' Headphones for Gaming?

Kopmeister

Hey guys,

Had to remake my account (forgot username and password and emails won't send to Microsoft domains) but anyways I'm in the market for new headphones for my PC, however I was thinking going down the other route of getting headphones and an add on mic. As someone who isn't too clued up on headphones I was wondering if I could have any recommendations on a combo of headphones and mic (or even just headphones!). I understand when spending £100s there really is a difference in quality but for my budget £30-50 is there really difference?

Thanks!

i5 6600 | Strix R9 380 4GB | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw | Thermaltake Core V1

Steam: Kopmeister1

1 minute ago, Kopmeister said:

Hey guys,

Had to remake my account (forgot username and password and emails won't send to Microsoft domains) but anyways I'm in the market for new headphones for my PC, however I was thinking going down the other route of getting headphones and an add on mic. As someone who isn't too clued up on headphones I was wondering if I could have any recommendations on a combo of headphones and mic (or even just headphones!). I understand when spending £100s there really is a difference in quality but for my budget £30-50 is there really difference?

Thanks!

Yeah there's a difference when going from 50£ to 100£, but you can still get good headphones for 50£ superlux headphones are one example of good cheap headphones.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Have the Hyper X Cloud 2 gaming head phones, badass headphones for all around use. IDK how much they are were you are but just throwing out a suggestion.

2 minutes ago, The_KIASER said:

Have the Hyper X Cloud 2 gaming head phones, badass headphones for all around use. IDK how much they are were you are but just throwing out a suggestion.

Headset*

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Reading some stuff and the Samson SR850 sound like a promising set, just seen a newer SR950 exist

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Headset*

Headsets have headphones. And a mic! :P is there really a need for such a minor correction? Especially on a headset where you can remove the mic.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Headsets have headphones. And a mic! :P is there really a need for such a minor correction? Especially on a headset where you can remove the mic.

Well he might think that all headsets are headphones even them where you cant remove the mic you never know.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Well he might think that all headsets are headphones even them where you cant remove the mic you never know.

Eh. Fair enough.

Anyone have any opinions or anything about the SR850 or SR950

44 minutes ago, Kopmeister said:

Anyone have any opinions or anything about the SR850 or SR950

never seen em or heard anything but i do dislike fabric cushions, soak up sweat get nasty and get itchy sometimes too. fake leather stuff isn't perfect but i prefer them.

and can vouch for hyperx clouds or qh-90. the sound is pretty good and when you remove the mic they don't look much different than a normal headset. also quite easy to open up and replace the cable if you're handy.