M2 SSD Help

creativecasemod420

can anyone give me some advice on which ssd to run on a msi b150i? I have a m.2 just looking to have the fastest ssd model out as of 2016. also looking for the 2016 graphic cards but haven't found any and being new to pc gamer I am finding it hard to find anything at all and almost nothing on youtube for the information I am looking at. ive never even built a pc before till last nite and now after 4 months of learning im questioning the build. especially since I was so tired I ordered the wrong case ,not wanting to pay return shipping I went forward with the build and feel completely dissatisfied with it. hopefully performance is or will be good , I was overwhelmed on graphic cards alone.

4 hours ago, creativecasemod420 said:

can anyone give me some advice on which ssd to run on a msi b150i? I have a m.2 just looking to have the fastest ssd model out as of 2016. also looking for the 2016 graphic cards but haven't found any and being new to pc gamer I am finding it hard to find anything at all and almost nothing on youtube for the information I am looking at. ive never even built a pc before till last nite and now after 4 months of learning im questioning the build. especially since I was so tired I ordered the wrong case ,not wanting to pay return shipping I went forward with the build and feel completely dissatisfied with it. hopefully performance is or will be good , I was overwhelmed on graphic cards alone.

Generally the best M.2 SSD's out there right now are the Samsung 950 Pro series. I've got a 512GB 950 Pro series in my Asus Maximus VIII Gene, and it does the job very well.

The actual read speeds for me are in the 2300-2500 MB/s neighborhood.

Writes aren't performing well for me for some reason, but I've got to work that out myself :P