Galaxy s7 edge or LG G5????

smeek14

Which one of these phones will have the better performance.

Dimensions: 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm, 152g (Galaxy S7 edge: 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm, 157g)Display: 5.1in Super AMOLED, QHD 2560x1440 pixels, 577ppi (Galaxy S7 edge: 5.5in, 534ppi)
Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820/Samsung Exynos 8890
Memory: 4GB
Storage Options: 32GB/64GB
SD-Support: Yes
Imaging: 12 MP, LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4um pixels, 100% dual-pixel phase detection
Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3000mAh battery (Galaxy S7 edge: 3600mAh)

LG G5:

Dimensions: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm, 159g Display: 5.3in IPS LCD QHD 2560x1440 pixel, 554ppi
Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
Memory: 4GB
Storage Options: 32GB
SD-Support: Yes
Imaging: 16MP/8MP dual-camera, OIS, laser autofocus, dual-LED flash
Battery: Removable Li-Po 2800 mAh battery

Galaxy S7

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

If you are in the US then both phones will have the same SoC.

We have no idea about things such as eMMC performance though, and the Exynos 8890 is a huge unknown factor as well.

You will just have to wait for some proper reviews to come out before deciding which one to get.

G5 for removable battery and good camera

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Galaxy S7 (Edge) has UFS 2.0 storage.

I benched mine at 350 mb/s read, and 130 mb/s write.

Both will have exact same performance. Only differenceable in Benchmarks, or e.penis-apps.

Chose your Phone from the Features that are important to you, not from any Performance stuff.

(i got the S7 Edge, and i LOVE it... battery Time is next level. Got 4:42 hours screen-on-time this whole day. And battery is still at 48%).

4 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Galaxy S7 (Edge) has UFS 2.0 storage.

I benched mine at 350 mb/s read, and 130 mb/s write.

Both will have exact same performance. Only differenceable in Benchmarks, or e.penis-apps.

Chose your Phone from the Features that are important to you, not from any Performance stuff.

(i got the S7 Edge, and i LOVE it... battery Time is next level. Got 4:42 hours screen-on-time this whole day. And battery is still at 48%).

NICE!!!  I am planning on getting the Galaxy s7 edge.  Battery looks amazing!!  9 hours of screen on time.  My Htc One M8 gets maybe 3 :(

10 hours ago, smeek14 said:

NICE!!!  I am planning on getting the Galaxy s7 edge.  Battery looks amazing!!  9 hours of screen on time.  My Htc One M8 gets maybe 3 :(

Allright, 2nd night of standby.... Also, below 50% it drained a bit faster maybe?

Im at 7% Battery now, and 6:41 Hours screen on time.

Keep in Mind, i have several Apps, that consume battery with push notifications, etc, so my Device is not a "fresh factory reset battery life".

And, i looked veeery much on it, and unlocked it a LOT, since also whatsapp all the time~.

37 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Allright, 2nd night of standby.... Also, below 50% it drained a bit faster maybe?

Im at 7% Battery now, and 6:41 Hours screen on time.

Keep in Mind, i have several Apps, that consume battery with push notifications, etc, so my Device is not a "fresh factory reset battery life".

And, i looked veeery much on it, and unlocked it a LOT, since also whatsapp all the time~.

holy sh#t 

i can barely get 3.5-4 hours on my s6

so is the s7 edge battery life that good???

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

4 hours ago, ciprian97pop said:

holy sh#t 

i can barely get 3.5-4 hours on my s6

so is the s7 edge battery life that good???

Got my first Charge empty this noon.

Display-on-Time 7:38 Hours, and battery died. Included 2 Nights of Standby, a lot whatsapp, and alot waking it up, and doing small minor-stuff.

With longer "doze/deep sleep" phases, it might be better. Or, depending what i do (like reading ebooks, etc), 8-9 hours are pretty realistic. With low brightness, and black background during reading, i bet 12+ hours can be easy possible.

Battery life here is a Beast. And i came from an HTC One m8, that realy made me feel its old battery. Display On Time of 2:30 hours were normal~.

On 06/03/2016 at 10:10 PM, KearneyMC said:

-snip-

Your wrong about storage options. No 64Gb for the S7/S7 Edge unless you live in South Korea and you cant even import that version as of now so only 32Gb. Taking into fact what both devices offer id go for the G5, it will provide a different experience if you purchase its modules or an extra battery. Just the fact that you can remove its bottom will probably become a fetish to some people like blowing up bubble-wrap and also since its IPS Quantum Display provides very good color accuracy, about 98% in the sRgb space and also 900 nits of brightness which is friggin insane, with a USB Type-C and hopefully good battery life aswell (expandable to 4000 mAh), i think its a great device to choose for its features and future upgradability. Just be careful by not getting the Snapdragon 652 version of the G5, if you live in Asian or South American countries, when it comes out and you intend to buy it.

Groomlake Authority

On 3/8/2016 at 1:41 PM, VerticalDiscussions said:

Your wrong about storage options. No 64Gb for the S7/S7 Edge unless you live in South Korea and you cant even import that version as of now so only 32Gb. Taking into fact what both devices offer id go for the G5, it will provide a different experience if you purchase its modules or an extra battery. Just the fact that you can remove its bottom will probably become a fetish to some people like blowing up bubble-wrap and also since its IPS Quantum Display provides very good color accuracy, about 98% in the sRgb space and also 900 nits of brightness which is friggin insane, with a USB Type-C and hopefully good battery life aswell (expandable to 4000 mAh), i think its a great device to choose for its features and future upgradability. Just be careful by not getting the Snapdragon 652 version of the G5, if you live in Asian or South American countries, when it comes out and you intend to buy it.

You can live with 32Gb and a Micro SD card. Also the S7 Edge has a 3600mAh battery without the "camera plus" module the G5 needs to get to 4000mAh, which adds a huge bulk, at that point you're better off with the Samsung battery case which adds 3400mAh (link) and there you have 7000mAh!

I am the one who knocks.

I will probably go with S7. I don't dig LG's design. Updating from S2, should be quite an upgrade :D

Intel i5-4460,Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB, 8GB RAM @ 1866Mhz, 120GB SSD + 1,5TB HDD, Asrock H81M-HDS, Fortron hyper 600w

3 hours ago, Walter H.W. said:

-snip-

One thing is an external battery case that depending on the manufacturer, can add protection and extra thickness, many more mAh of power but can also cause harm to the overhaul longevity of the battery and might not even have a power delivery switch off button, like the Iphone 6S official case, constantly charging the battery and possibly causing degradation, because not all phones are made the same and no matter how precise manufacturing and quality control tests are, theres always room for "binning", just like Luke explained on the video about Cpus, it also applies here. Of course you can live with 32Gb, but it makes no sense to omit a key feature on Android Marshmallow that allows you to "transform" outer storage into internal storage (Imagine having an ultra high speed 128Gb sd card + 32Gb of internal storage combined into one), its ridiculous to remove and only adds bad reputation to a company, especially when you consider the Xiaomi mi5 Pro with 128Gb of internal storage. Lg making a Snapdragon 652 and 3Gb of ram phone for South America is already a terrible decision, but when both manufacturers destroy a very useful tool for many power users (Storage adoption), its just a no benefit strike on potential interest. Either ways, both phones battery life shouldnt be worlds apart and the camera module of the G5 isnt really that enormous, yes quite bulky when compared to the phone but the main purpose of the G5 is photography anyways so i wouldnt mind carrying it with that little extra size, for the added battery life and features. He asked wether youd get an S7 Edge or a G5, i vividly recommend the LG G5 but then again its up to personal preferences, needs and sometimes most importantly, personal experience.

Groomlake Authority

22 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

One thing is an external battery case that depending on the manufacturer, can add protection and extra thickness, many more mAh of power but can also cause harm to the overhaul longevity of the battery and might not even have a power delivery switch off button, like the Iphone 6S official case, constantly charging the battery and possibly causing degradation, because not all phones are made the same and no matter how precise manufacturing and quality control tests are, theres always room for "binning", just like Luke explained on the video about Cpus, it also applies here. Of course you can live with 32Gb, but it makes no sense to omit a key feature on Android Marshmallow that allows you to "transform" outer storage into internal storage (Imagine having an ultra high speed 128Gb sd card + 32Gb of internal storage combined into one), its ridiculous to remove and only adds bad reputation to a company, especially when you consider the Xiaomi mi5 Pro with 128Gb of internal storage. Lg making a Snapdragon 652 and 3Gb of ram phone for South America is already a terrible decision, but when both manufacturers destroy a very useful tool for many power users (Storage adoption), its just a no benefit strike on potential interest. Either ways, both phones battery life shouldnt be worlds apart and the camera module of the G5 isnt really that enormous, yes quite bulky when compared to the phone but the main purpose of the G5 is photography anyways so i wouldnt mind carrying it with that little extra size, for the added battery life and features. He asked wether youd get an S7 Edge or a G5, i vividly recommend the LG G5 but then again its up to personal preferences, needs and sometimes most importantly, personal experience.

I believe it's not official that you can't use micro sd cards to install apps etc, I've heard different statements on the matter. It would still be possible if you root the device, although probably voiding warranty.
About the battery pack, you would use it when your battery is at 50% or less, why would you leave it on 24/7? It makes the phone too bulky, even if still protected, unlike the G5 camera plus module.
Anyway, as you said we could keep discussing forever, we have different personal preferences. In my opinion the S7 (Edge) is very close to perfection, the only thing we could complain about is the non-removable battery, but they put a 3600mAh one which should be enough for a full day, maybe even 2. 
I only feel like commenting because of people just hating on Samsung, and praising LG for making an innovative but OK phone.

I am the one who knocks.

15 hours ago, Walter H.W. said:

-snip-

Wouldnt make sense for you to be a Samsung Fanboy either, so as long as you stay under the requisites, compare hardware fairly, not stupidly like 80% of the world does. Still one thing that cant be denied is how some manufacturers like Vivo and Xiaomi made phones with the exact same specs as Samsung and LG phones, and have features that surpass them aswell.

Groomlake Authority

7 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Wouldnt make sense for you to be a Samsung Fanboy either, so as long as you stay under the requisites, compare hardware fairly, not stupidly like 80% of the world does. Still one thing that cant be denied is how some manufacturers like Vivo and Xiaomi made phones with the exact same specs as Samsung and LG phones, and have features that surpass them aswell.

Not sure if you're calling me fanboy, as that would be a easy way out and would prove my point. I have a Xiaomi device myself and I wouldn't spend that much money on a fresh new flagship phone.

If when you say Xiaomi you mean the Mi5, then yeah it's like 200€ cheaper but it doesn't even support all 4G bands, plus problems with warranty as it doesn't sell directly in many countries, with a probably bad camera (even with 4-axis stabilization) and NO sd card slot. As for the Vivo, I haven't heard of their flagship but it probably has similar flaws. 

I am the one who knocks.

7 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Like, Samsung having the best Smartphone Display on the market, and LG probably will be close, but not better.

Or samsung having a larger Battery.

Or Samsung having an App Drawer.

They are both at the same Level. Which one is better for one person, depends just on the personal preferences. I would take Samsung over LG this year without even thinking about. 2800 mAh is just too small for me. And that Slot-feature just a useless expensive gimmick (again, for ME)

But the big Flaw of Xiaomi is they only exist in China pretty much. you can import it, but you might have problems if you need the Warranty. Etc.

Or maybe missing some LTE Bands.

When Xiaomi starts hitting Europe/NA with official sale/support partners, they WILL be a very good alternative. Untill then, in my opinion, they can't compete. I would rather spend 200€ more for a Product, i absolutely KNOW, i will get support, if i have a Problem with it.

And btw: If Xiaomi starts with sale/support partners in other continents, i can promise you one thing: They won't stay this cheap.

1 hour ago, Walter H.W. said:

-snip-

No i wasnt calling you a fanboy and would most definetly not impact any of our points. A high end "blank" brand phone made in China is the same as a high end Samsung phone made in China. Different components and circuitry, but similar quality controls and safety ratings. I support people that purchase cheaper phones over the more expensive ones, because theyr just not worth the money when you can get a much more powerful tablet or high end computer part for the same value. The nº1 on the list is the Iphone, because its software is great and its components, but not for the price. Then its followed by Samsung, Lg and Htc which are pretty much on the same category, where Sony is even worst than those 3. Its companies like OnePlus, Xiaomi and Oppo that could potentially bring the hottest and most game changing features in the future, if they sell well and get high appraissal from the general public, which they do but they just lack the social impact and that could easily be changed, if people knew 95% of eletronic components and devices are made in mother China...

Groomlake Authority

52 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

-snip-

You obviously cant expect a South Korean S7 to work flawlessly, say in Germany, since they both have different components to adapt to theyr different networking and cellular frequencies. The 3 features you mentioned first are not to be used as a straight out comparison. The S7/S7 Edge display isnt better, it comes to each person preference on wether or not theyr looking for IPS or Super Amoled displays, each with its own benefits like higher brightness potential and higher color fidelity or near endless contrast and super colourful pictures. And a removed app drawer as an excuse, seriously?! Surely, just by saying that it simply makes you look like a Fanboy, without being one, i think. Its because of comments like yours that wars on the internet rage on and on with no real purpose, but can eventually impact the manufacturer into making higher price tags and lower the expect quality from theyr devices. Also Samsung warranty services are regional, since a person who purchases an S7 in Africa cant get it worked out on Europe for free under warranty (Thats complete bs with no excuse), and those corporations "repairing services", usually do more harm than good. Obviously Xiaomi and other chinese devices arent cheap and even if they get globally distributed theyll be more expensive than in theyr home country, but will, hopefully, always be cheaper to these major companies. Like i said, i have my own preferences and you got yours, i dont see why its a problem that should even be discussed, and its a fact that unknown chinese makers are shaping the future of mobile as we speak, alongside Qualcomm and other developers.

Groomlake Authority

With better Display i was refering to Displaymate's Review on that.

Of course, that doesnt say anything, if someone likes IPS more. :)

Well yea. I like my App drawer. At least they should do it like Samsung, and put an Option there, so i can chose wether i want to keep it, or remove it.

If you think THAT makes me a Fanboy... Then you better look up what Fanboy is.. it is solely my preference of having an App drawer, how it is supposed to be under Android.

But with this, LG is forcing me their Way of thinking. This works for Apple and iOS, but this is nothing i want to see in a custom-free OS like Android. I want the CHOICE of using it how I want.

That isn't a Fact by all means. It is my Opinion. some may like what LG is doing, some don't.

I never said anything AGAINST the chinese makers ;) They are in my Opinion exactly, what the European/NA market needs. But first they need a good distribution, so one dont have to import anything.

However.. of course, App drawer was just a minor point, i didnt like. It would never make me buy another phone. There were many other parameters for Me ^^

Before you think i'm saying the LG G5 isnt a great phone.^^