Windows 10 network discovery of my Unraid shares

So after upgrading my Vertex 2 SSD to a Samsung 850 Pro, I decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows. The previous drive had been upgraded from Win 7 and had a lot of old baggage, and I wanted a clean system to go with my new, fast SSD.

The format and installation of my programs is now complete, but it took me a while to get access to my Unraid box and its shares. The solution in the end (after a lot of dicking around) was to add the username and password of my Microsoft account to the Windows credentials for the hostname and the IP of the server, on the computer I'm trying to access the Unraid box from. Took a while to figure THAT one out.

So now I can access the shares if I type in \\192.168.1.101 (the IP of the box) or \\hostname.

However, Windows 10 does not list the server under Network. Network discovery is turned on, and sometimes after a lot of refreshing and manual updating, it will show up, then disappear again. For instance, last night I was up quite late trying to figure it out. I get up this morning, and there it is showing up. I reboot and now it's gone.

I know this isn't a big deal, since I can access the shares just fine by mapping the network manually, but it is#%&/!!! annoying.

Using Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates. System specs in my signature.

Ideas?

❤️ Unraid

Unbelievable. After trying to figure this out for hours, as soon as I post something about it, it seems to have sorted itself out. Not actually sure what I did to fix it either, but at least it's working.

/facepalm

❤️ Unraid