Custom vs prefilled cpu cooler?

Does custom cpu cooler performs so mutch better that it's worth to buy it?

(I'm looking for NZXT kraken x60 (140$) or custom cooler whit 360 radiator(350$))

I have amd fx-8350. And case is NZXT panthom 820.

Using a pre-filled closed loop is usually a lot safer than installing your own setup not to mention cheaper. It also doesn't require the maintain ends that custom loops do :)

Using a pre-filled closed loop is usually a lot safer than installing your own setup not to mention cheaper. It also doesn't require the maintain ends that custom loops do :)
Thanks,but how mutch better does custom cooler performs :-D

Well it depends if your are gonna be overclocking like mad, talking about above 4.3ghz and maybe 4.4 (off of i5 3570k) So if you will be overlocking like mad, yes, otherwise if you are just gonna oc to like 4.2 ghz, no need.

Closed loop CPU Coolers and simple and the liquid doesn't need replacing (ref to Corsair H Series)

If it's just the CPU, don't custom built one. Something like the Corsair H100i or the Kraken X60 (If you can fit it) will be fine for any CPU overclocking that you want.

A custom built loop will only be more expensive, and the advantage of having more radiator surface area will not benefit you very much.

If we're talking adding a GPU or two, custom built all the way. Very practical, and it'll keep your stuff nice and cool.

So, if it's only CPU, get a pre-filled one. If you want expandability, maybe invest in a custom loop. Hope this helped.

Multidimensional Arrays

With that case and that cpu, your begging to be water cooled. I would very much recommend a custom loop, for one, you can upgrade the components as you go, and even add in waterblocks for your chipset, ram and gpu. But I wouldn't recommend wcing your ram or chipset. You can get some awesome kits from $100-300 with all you need to start off! I would recommend the XSPC kits or the Swiftech kits.

Closed loop if you are kinda new into PC building, if you are more experienced, I would defiantly go for custom!

Thanks everyone i think that i buy custom cooler and get also a chipsett block but does anyone know a waterblock to gtx 660 (non TI)

Chip set blocks are almost never an excellent idea. They cost a bunch and barely give a performance increase most of the time. EK has some 660 water blocks, just always remember to check the compatibility list under the water block.

My Rig:

• CPU: 1090T@4.1ghz
  • GPU: Gigabyte 7870
  • MOBO: Crosshair Formula V
  • RAM: 8GB 1333mhz
  • PSU: 650w corsair HX
  • SSD: 120GB Kingston HyperX
  • Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

Custom can be better but you do need to have that knowledge of installing them and a plan of how you're going to route your tubes and how long you actually want them. I think it will depend on how custom you actually want your system to be.

Well every option has plus and minus.

Pre filled watercooling is cheaper, easier and safer .

although not practical (for example : if you want to use pre filled watercooling for CPU and GPU this could be a problem).

Custom water cooling in the other hand performs better (not much), looks way better.

But more expensive, harder to do, and from what i heard needs quite a bit of maintenance (re-filling the reservoir, checking tube and connection,etc.)

So lets say if you only want to water cool your cpu its better to use pre filled watercooler

If you have high budget and want to watercool more than just cpu and want to spend time to work on your PC then you should go for custom waterloop/watercooling

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

You can generally achieve better temperatures using a custom water cooling system. However, custom water cooling is significantly more difficult to install and maintain, especially if this is your first water cooling project. If you only plan to use water cooling for CPU, I would recommend going with a closed loop water cooling setup, such as the Corsair H80, which will be more than sufficient for a CPU.

If you have plenty of time on your hands and want to have a go at custom water cooling, go ahead. It's great fun and you will have a lot more satisfaction in installing it than a closed loop system. Good Luck!

Are you guys sure that chipsett cooling is waste of money?

About the only time it is ever practical is if it has active cooling (eg most high end X79 boards, especially something like the Asrock X79 Extreme 11) and even then you really only do it to remove the 40mm fan as a noise source. A low speed 120mm or 140mm fan pointed at the chipset heatsink would be a lot more cost effective if all you wanted to do was to cool it.

chipsets dont get that hot so there is no need to cool it,

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

800L is for dual GPU and CPU loops... only got CPU and GPU you only need 500-600L

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Does custom cpu cooler performs so mutch better that it's worth to buy it? (I'm looking for NZXT kraken x60 (140$) or custom cooler whit 360 radiator(350$)) I have amd fx-8350. And case is NZXT panthom 820.

In short, yes. You have better quality radiators and you can go much bigger then AIO units. You also get the benefit of adding your video card and other components to your loop with custom.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Yes custom cooling is better

Yes custom cooling is more work

Yes custom cooling is a LOT more expensive

Yes you can expand your custom cooling

Yes it looks epic

Is it worth it? No.

not for pure performance gain. it's more of a hobby and a passion to go full custom (see what i did there? ;p)

and that also counts for chipset/vrm watercooling, memory watercooling and gpu watercooling. yes it all works, and it is significant better than usual cloosed loop cooling, but isn't worth the hassle unless you REALLY want it.

it is not rendable for a normal consumer. it's more for fun (and looks) than the real performance gain that you can get under this type of cooling.

bear in mind: you are more frequent to hit a frequency wall than a temperature wall in overclocking with watercooling, so most of it is also overkill.

its your choice if you go full custom, and i must say, I did. but still havent overclocked the limit out of it :p

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Yes custom cooling is better

Yes custom cooling is more work

Yes custom cooling is a LOT more expensive

Yes you can expand your custom cooling

Yes it looks epic

Is it worth it? No.

not for pure performance gain. it's more of a hobby and a passion to go full custom (see what i did there? ;p)

and that also counts for chipset/vrm watercooling, memory watercooling and gpu watercooling. yes it all works, and it is significant better than usual cloosed loop cooling, but isn't worth the hassle unless you REALLY want it.

it is not rendable for a normal consumer. it's more for fun (and looks) than the real performance gain that you can get under this type of cooling.

bear in mind: you are more frequent to hit a frequency wall than a temperature wall in overclocking with watercooling, so most of it is also overkill.

its your choice if you go full custom, and i must say, I did. but still havent overclocked the limit out of it :p

and yes, i find it also silly to watercool memory... but i can see the reason behind watercooling a 990fx chipset. it runs hotter than the CPU itself in most cases.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.