Sun Microsystems Servers

dark_xzyph3r

Hey guys, so I just scored 4 Sun Servers. 1x 1U Server, 1x 2U Server, 2x Tower Servers for $50 All I know is that one of them is, EN1SA (SunFire V210 1U) And the other rack server is the SunFire V240 2U.. I feel that this is a steal for $50, I want to know what your thoughts are on this.. I am going sunday to pick them up..

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

4 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

Hey guys, so I just scored 4 Sun Servers. 1x 1U Server, 1x 2U Server, 2x Tower Servers for $50 All I know is that one of them is, EN1SA (SunFire V210 1U) And the other rack server is the SunFire V240 2U.. I feel that this is a steal for $50, I want to know what your thoughts are on this.. I am going sunday to pick them up..

The V210 and V240's use Sun UltraSPARC IIIi processors, which aren't x86 so you couldn't run Windows on them, but they would be fun machines to mess around with if you can find a compatible OS(fairly certain there is a Sparc version of ubuntu, and I'm pretty sure OpenBSD is supported).

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

The V210 and V240's use Sun UltraSPARC IIIi processors, which aren't x86 so you couldn't run Windows on them, but they would be fun machines to mess around with if you can find a compatible OS(fairly certain there is a Sparc version of ubuntu, and I'm pretty sure OpenBSD is supported).

Yeah pretty much just getting them to slap (Hopefully) Ubuntu Server on it.. So he said that he doesn't have the keys for it (But it is unlocked) how would I go about getting another set of keys or making my own?

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

4 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

Yeah pretty much just getting them to slap (Hopefully) Ubuntu Server on it.. So he said that he doesn't have the keys for it (But it is unlocked) how would I go about getting another set of keys or making my own?

I'm not sure

Just now, QueenDemetria said:

I'm not sure

Hopefully my LP kit will be able to lock and unlock it.. If I cant unlock it ill just drill it out :D