DisplayFusion Review - Handle 6 Monitors with Ease

Dredgy

I wasn't going to post this, but I think the review contains enough useful information about DisplayFusion, which is software for handling multiple monitors. The review is done using my current 6 monitor set up, so is very much an extreme situation.

I recommend watching my video as it shows it in action and has close ups of my face for the ladies :P

Video Correction: DisplayFusion's price is $25USD for 1 PC, or $35USD for multiple PCs, not $60USD as stated. You can buy it in Steam.

If you have a 21:9 monitor, watch in 1440P fullscreen.

Written Review

Basically DisplayFusion gives you a bunch of controls and tools for handling Window management - it is mostly geared for multiple monitor setups, but there is functionality that can be useful on single monitor setups as well.

Positives

- Allows you to easily change monitor configurations with a hotkey. So if you go from nVidia surround to independent monitors or rotate a monitor just press a hotkey and wallpapers, resolution, taskbars, alignment and everything else is all fixed.

- Controls for literally everything multiple monitor related. Things like "send monitor to next window", window snapping, screensaver and wallpaper management.

- Can have mouse wrap around either vertically or horizontally (e.g, mouse goes off the top of the top monitor and appears at the bottom of the bottom monitor).

- Can choose which applications open on which monitor, and at what size and position.

- Can allow the scroll wheel to scroll Windows that aren't in focus. So if you're editing or gaming, but still want to scroll a web page, you can do so without losing focus on your task.

- Can lock the cursor to a specific monitor - great to stop the mouse escaping from some games.

- Built in remote control software

- Can split a monitor into smaller, virtual monitors (great for Surround or Eyefinity to fix fullscreen issues)

- Controls for managing audio devices as well

- Powerful multi monitor taskbars that can be customised per monitor

- Great value for money

-More features than is possible to list.

Negatives

-  Audio device switching is slow (takes about 5 seconds to activate the next audio device). 

-  Bit of a steep learning curve

Conclusion

Basically if you have 2 or more monitors, buy it. With two monitors you can probably live without it, but with 3 or more it's so so so useful. Fixes all of Windows (and Nvidia's and AMDs) quirks. Makes exiting Surround/Eyefinity a much more painless experience and just generally makes your experience better. It's also very useful in setups where you have a portable computer (laptop, compute stick etc) that is plugged into different displays all the time (at work, home, when travelling) and DisplayFusion can automatically configure the best setup depending on the display you're using.

Thanks for watching/reading, hope it was helpful. Any questions feel free to ask.