NZXT H440 Advice

My setup is a NZXT H440, MSI Z97A Gaming 7, 4790K, and a Corsair H100i GTX.

I have the Corsair mounted in the top with two Noctua 120mm PWM fans mounted on it.

No OC at all.

It's set up to push out the top cover.

With the top cover on the H440, my CPU rockets up to 80 degrees celsius under load. When i take the top cover off it drops to 65 degrees under load. I can't mount it in the front because of hard drives.

Anyone else experience this or have this issue? 

Jeremiah 23:29 Does not my word burn like fire?” says the Lord. “Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?

5 minutes ago, Th3ArCh0n said:

My setup is a NZXT H440, MSI Z97A Gaming 7, 4790K, and a Corsair H100i GTX.

I have the Corsair mounted in the top with two Noctua 120mm PWM fans mounted on it.

No OC at all.

It's set up to push out the top cover.

With the top cover on the H440, my CPU rockets up to 80 degrees celsius under load. When i take the top cover off it drops to 65 degrees under load. I can't mount it in the front because of hard drives.

Anyone else experience this or have this issue? 

I have the H440 and NZXT Kraken x61 AIO mounted to the top, cooling my 6600k.

I have no overclock on it yet but the CPU never goes over 37C while playing Gta V. And often stays at 24C while watching youtube.

Main: Gigabyte G1 980Ti, i5 6600k, MSI Z170A M5, 16GB DDR4 2666, NZXT H440, NZXT x61, EVGA 750W G2, Windows 10 

Second PC: EVGA Reference GTX 680, i7 2700k, 16GB DDR3, Corsair 300R, Corsair CX500W, Windows 10

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5750G, GT540M, i7 2630QM, 6GB DDR3, Windows 7 

1 minute ago, Leo_Dahlin said:

I have the H440 and NZXT Kraken x61 AIO mounted to the top, cooling my 6600k.

I have no overclock on it yet but the CPU never goes over 37C while playing Gta V. And often stays at 24C while watching youtube.

Forgot to mention i repasted it twice, once with Arctic Silver 5 and once with Arctic Silver Ceramique

Jeremiah 23:29 Does not my word burn like fire?” says the Lord. “Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?

What are you using to put it under load?  But yes,  lots of people have the same problem as the 440 is a very crappy case for air flow and custom water loops.  

Just now, KE2012 said:

What are you using to put it under load?  But yes,  lots of people have the same problem as the 440 is a very crappy case for air flow and custom water loops.  

The sad thing... "load" is Far Cry 4 with every setting all the way up. No synthetic load test

How are the H100i's fans configured?

I have an H440, and a Core i5-6600K with a 4.5 GHz/1.35 V overclock. My H80i is installed in the top/front fan position, with both fans pulling air in from the outside. I idle around 25–30°C and hit about 65°C or less in AIDA 64. Generally 40–50°C in games. I've never tried taking the cover off while the system was running, I'm kinda afraid it could jolt my HDDs.

Just a thought: what voltage is your CPU getting? Often defaults are a bit too high for stock clock speeds, you may be able to cool it down a bit by finding the lowest stable core voltage.

2 minutes ago, typographie said:

I have an H440, and a Core i5-6600K with a 4.5 GHz/1.35 V overclock. My H80i is installed in the top/front fan position, with both fans pulling air in from the outside. I idle around 25–30°C and hit about 65°C or less in AIDA 64. Generally 40–50°C in games. I've never tried taking the cover off while the system was running, I'm kinda afraid it could jolt my HDDs.

Just a thought: what voltage is your CPU getting? Often defaults are a bit too high for stock clock speeds, you may be able to cool it down a bit by finding the lowest stable core voltage.

My fans pull air out the case q:

Same i have never tried taking off the cover while the system is running.

Main: Gigabyte G1 980Ti, i5 6600k, MSI Z170A M5, 16GB DDR4 2666, NZXT H440, NZXT x61, EVGA 750W G2, Windows 10 

Second PC: EVGA Reference GTX 680, i7 2700k, 16GB DDR3, Corsair 300R, Corsair CX500W, Windows 10

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5750G, GT540M, i7 2630QM, 6GB DDR3, Windows 7 

3 minutes ago, typographie said:

as stated above

"I have the Corsair mounted in the top with two Noctua 120mm PWM fans mounted on it.

No OC at all.

It's set up to push out the top cover."

the voltage is a good idea. Does anyone know of any corsair link settings or something for the pump?

Just now, Th3ArCh0n said:

It's set up to push out the top cover."

Oops, I missed that line, sorry. I'm sure it can work fine pushing air in either direction, but my personal philosophy is that I'd rather have it pulling cool air from outside through the radiator, rather than the relatively warm air from inside the case. I'd expect that to be more efficient, anyway. Admittedly I haven't torn it apart multiple times and tested to see what the difference is for my own personal hardware, but if you're running out of other options it could be something worth trying.

I haven't touched my Link settings in a long time, so I'll have to wait until I get home to let you know what they are. I think I'm still using the Silent preset, though.

2 minutes ago, typographie said:

Oops, I missed that line, sorry. I'm sure it can work fine pushing air in either direction, but my personal philosophy is that I'd rather have it pulling cool air from outside through the radiator, rather than the relatively warm air from inside the case. I'd expect that to be more efficient, anyway. Admittedly I haven't torn it apart multiple times and tested to see what the difference is for my own personal hardware, but if you're running out of other options it could be something worth trying.

I haven't touched my Link settings in a long time, so I'll have to wait until I get home to let you know what they are. I think I'm still using the Silent preset, though.

Yeah i leave mine on Silent, but cranked it up to "performance" when it is getting that hot. That was my idea too, to switch the fans to the top and have them sucking in cold air from the outside. I am going to try that tonight and see what happens.