GTX 780ti conflict

ParksNeedsHelp

I upgraded to a dual xeon build. Motherboard is Tyan s7050, 64gb ram, and a gtx 780ti. I have installed and reinstalled windows 7, graphics drivers , and nothing is working. Go to device manager and this is what it is telling me. Any body have any ideas of how to fix it to where I can use my graphics card. Thanks

Capture.PNG

Check your BIOS version and tell me - they recently updated the BIOS because 'VGA card doesnt work well'. 

idk

update the bios and pray it's gonna help.. if it doesn't you can throw it away.... damn linus.. giving people stupid ideas... -.-

Are you sure it's plugged into a PCI-e slot, not PCI? I'm not sure if the Windows device manager (from your picture) makes the distinction, and I'm not at my desktop to check, but your picture says it's in "PCI Slot 4".

So perhaps try the other slots?

It would also help immensely to have the system's full specs.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

The bios is 1.02v. The card is in slot 4. That slot is a pcie x16 slot. The first slot cannot be used because the cards are too long, they hit the ram slots.

19 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Are you sure it's plugged into a PCI-e slot, not PCI? I'm not sure if the Windows device manager (from your picture) makes the distinction, and I'm not at my desktop to check, but your picture says it's in "PCI Slot 4".

So perhaps try the other slots?

It would also help immensely to have the system's full specs.

Full system spec? The only thing left out is hard drive and specific processors. Xeon 2670 x2 and a 1tb Western Digital Black. 

1 hour ago, Parks1283 said:

The bios is 1.02v. The card is in slot 4. That slot is a pcie x16 slot. The first slot cannot be used because the cards are too long, they hit the ram slots.

Full system spec? The only thing left out is hard drive and specific processors. Xeon 2670 x2 and a 1tb Western Digital Black. 

Go to Tyan support, tell them what happened, and they will most likely make you update the BIOS to 1.07 - which should allow the BIOS to assign memory space for GPUs.

God speed. 

idk

1 hour ago, Parks1283 said:

The CPUs are what I was looking for.

Slot 4 might be PCI rather than PCIe, though I'm not sure by any means. Can you remove some of the RAM to try it in the top slot, or would it still not fit?

9 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

The CPUs are what I was looking for.

Slot 4 might be PCI rather than PCIe, though I'm not sure by any means. Can you remove some of the RAM to try it in the top slot, or would it still not fit?

Would anybody try to put a 780Ti into a PCI slot - we're dealing with server-grade hardware here..

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Would anybody try to put a 780Ti into a PCI slot - we're dealing with server-grade hardware here..

It's a possibility worth exploring.

15 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

pci-express-x16.jpg

it's quite unlikely..

Oh.

You could have just said outright that a PCIe card wouldn't fit in a PCI slot.

Then I would've looked like less of an idiot.

Thanks for the help both of you but do we have anymore ideas on how to fix it? I am searching around and not finding many answers.

8 minutes ago, Parks1283 said:

Thanks for the help both of you but do we have anymore ideas on how to fix it? I am searching around and not finding many answers.

http://www.tyan.com/support_faq.aspx

Enquire with these guys - they will make you update the BIOS. 

idk