Data transfer cable

Steve89722

Hello, a good amount of time ago, I came across a project which required a data transfer cable using a DB9 male ending on one side and USB on the other. One way or another, the DB9 ending is supposed to go into my computer and the USB into the custom console project I'm working on. Over the last few weeks, I've ended up accidentally buying the same cable adapter twice. It's a DB9 female to DB15 male. Unfortunately, I don't have either DB9 female nor DB15 female ports on my computer. So far, I've been looking into adding a new port to install into the PC itself as I have the space available to do so I think. However, I have been unable to find any sort of serial port matching the required description of at least a DB9 input. It seems I have no choice at this point to add a new port for proper data transfer but I haven't found a suitable source to do so.

What data are you moving? if its just files you can use a strait ethernet cable to do it.  

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

I believe it needed both video and file transfer. I need to make sure first on the rates needed but I believe that sounds about right on the content. The best I can explain it is that it needed the serial cable conversion as opposed to USB-USB if that makes any sense.

Instead of getting an adapter, I'm looking at a port to install into the pc instead and it seems relatively simple to do so.