I need help choosing a Ethernet Cable.

LiamApex

the cable is going to be used to hardline my PC, it needs to be able to transfer speeds of 150 megabit per second, also it needs to be able to not loose any of its speed over a distance of 15 - 25M, i have been told CAT 7 would be a good option. will cat 7 fit straight into the back of a standard motherboard ? and into the router ?

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

1 minute ago, IPickle said:

Cat 5e would do the job. maybe cat 6. no need for cat 7

they are all the same price on amazon, maybe 5 pound between 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

If you don't exactly mind about how much you spend, feel free to go for the higher tier cable. 

You need at the bare minimum, Cat5e. Anything above that will also do just fine. Cat7 should fit in the back of your PC and router. And as long as your router support Gigabit Ethernet, it will work to get the speed you are asking.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Cat 7 would only be needed in speeds of excess of 10 Gb per second I'm assuming you don't have more than a gigabit  connection  so go with cat 6 as it's a good standard to go with at this point in time maybe cat 6A but cat 7 Isn't worth it at this point in time 

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

7 hours ago, LiamApex said:

the cable is going to be used to hardline my PC, it needs to be able to transfer speeds of 150 megabit per second, also it needs to be able to not loose any of its speed over a distance of 15 - 25M, i have been told CAT 7 would be a good option. will cat 7 fit straight into the back of a standard motherboard ? and into the router ?

Unless the price is identical, I would go with CAT6 or CAT6a. I wouldn't go with CAT7 unless you can get it for the same price as the CAT6/6a. I wouldn't go with CAT5e unless it's significantly cheaper than CAT6/6a either.

Also, I would avoid CAT6e under all circumstances, since "CAT6e" is not an official industry adopted spec of any kind - it's a made up "fake" spec by cable manufacturers, with no standardization between different manufacturers.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 hours ago, txb2 said:

I would go with Cat 6

16 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Unless the price is identical, I would go with CAT6 or CAT6a. I wouldn't go with CAT7 unless you can get it for the same price as the CAT6/6a. I wouldn't go with CAT5e unless it's significantly cheaper than CAT6/6a either.

Also, I would avoid CAT6e under all circumstances, since "CAT6e" is not an official industry adopted spec of any kind - it's a made up "fake" spec by cable manufacturers, with no standardization between different manufacturers.

23 hours ago, Justin_ said:

Cat 7 would only be needed in speeds of excess of 10 Gb per second I'm assuming you don't have more than a gigabit  connection  so go with cat 6 as it's a good standard to go with at this point in time maybe cat 6A but cat 7 Isn't worth it at this point in time 

well i decided to go cat 7 since its on offer for 15pounds for 15M normally 60 pound

21 minutes ago, LiamApex said:

well i decided to go cat 7 since its on offer for 15pounds for 15M normally 60 pound

Not bad I guess.

I usually just make my own patch cables to-length, as needed, so I find most "retail" cable prices very high.

Out of curiosity, what was the price for the same length in Cat 5e, Cat6, and Cat6a?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)