Maximum write speed on Canon 70D?

I need this mainly for shooting video if that makes a difference. 

I'm asking this because I read that even if an SD card has over 9000 write speed, the camera might bottleneck it and I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

I highly doubt anyone would make a camera that allows you to record at a resolution and/or quality so high that it can't write that data out fast enough.  Sure you have to make sure you have a fast enough SD card, but the camera bottlenecking?  I've never heard of such a thing, and I would be shocked if they did something that stupid.  If it can't write above a certain speed, I'm sure it wouldn't offer to record with settings that would require it to go faster than that.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

According to Canon's specs, for full 1080p video recording with all I frame compression, the camera writes at 685MB/min (average), which is about 11MB/s, so if you got something faster than that, it shouldn't be a problem.

After reading your post again, I don't think that the manufacturer would implement or have a bottleneck in their system, or that it would cause a problem. As long as your SD card can be written to fast enough, there shouldn't be any problems.

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

It writes at ~40 MB/s that's the speed of the 100MHz UHS-1 mode.

Canons do not support 200MHz UHS-1