Looking for IEM around $200 USD

nhatduy1611

I mostly listen to house,edm and pop (ed sheeran,adele,taylor swift,coldplay,one republic,imagine dragon and fallout boys). I'm using the senheiser momentum currently and i'm looking for an upgrade. Amazon links only if you can thanks.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

id recommend shure se315

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

The strange thing about IEMs is that the span of $100-$300 seems to be a hit 'n miss area. 

Personally, I didn't really like the Shure Se315, since the Se425s are a lot better and the Se315 aren't that much better than the Se215s.

I guess you could check out the Sennheiser IE60s.

I have never tried them personally, but I have heard that they should sound like a light version of the IE80s, so prepare for a bass attack. 

The cable on the IE60s isn't removable either, so keep that in mind. If you have tendency to break your cables these won't be for you.

You can also check out the Westone W10s.

I haven't heard those one either, and I haven't heard anything specific about those particular earphones, but I have heard people talk highly of Westone.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

The strange thing about IEMs is that the span of $100-$300 seems to be a hit 'n miss area. 

Personally, I didn't really like the Shure Se315, since the Se425s are a lot better and the Se315 aren't that much better than the Se215s.

I guess you could check out the Sennheiser IE60s: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-IE60-Headphone/dp/B005N8W23C/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1454768352&sr=8-6&keywords=sennheiser+ie80

I have never tried them personally, but I have heard that they should sound like a light version of the IE80s, so prepare for a bass attack. 

The cable on the IE60s isn't removable either, so keep that in mind. If you have tendance to break your cables these won't be for you.

You can also check out the Westone W10s: http://www.amazon.com/Westone-W10-Universal-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B00GB1M49M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1454768796&sr=8-6&keywords=westone+earbuds

I haven't heard those one either, and I haven't heard anything specific about those particular earphones, but I have heard people talk highly of Westone.

I did a bit of digging around local audio shop an they are offering a $60 discount for the se425. Is it worth it ?

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

3 hours ago, nhatduy1611 said:

I did a bit of digging around local audio shop an they are offering a $60 discount for the se425. Is it worth it ?

Depends on what they were before the discount. Amazon currently sell them for $298, which I would consider an OK price. 

But as with all audio equiptment, I would advice you to test them out before purchasing. What I enjoy in my earphone might not be what you enjoy.

But you can expect the Se425s to be a bit bass heavy (although, not as bass heavy as the Sennheiner offering) and a bit rough in the highs.

However, they also presents the Shure in-house sound really well. The bass, while raised above the mids, never gets overpowering and female vocals sound extraordinary on them. 

12 hours ago, Volbet said:

Depends on what they were before the discount. Amazon currently sell them for $298, which I would consider an OK price. 

But as with all audio equiptment, I would advice you to test them out before purchasing. What I enjoy in my earphone might not be what you enjoy.

But you can expect the Se425s to be a bit bass heavy (although, not as bass heavy as the Sennheiner offering) and a bit rough in the highs.

However, they also presents the Shure in-house sound really well. The bass, while raised above the mids, never gets overpowering and female vocals sound extraordinary on them. 

When i convert the price they are selling it for $250. I live in vietnam so this is actually a really good deal. I will definitely try them on before buying though. 

Atrio , well futuresonics I should say no more atrio Mg7 ..

-Model G10-  <<--- Link Look no further seriously , Especially with foam tips oh yumm

On 2/6/2016 at 7:03 AM, Volbet said:

so the se425s arent as bassy as the ie60s? if so i might have to go with the ie60s

wan

7 minutes ago, katiekitsune said:

so the se425s arent as bassy as the ie60s? if so i might have to go with the ie60s

May I ask why we aren't corresponding in your own topic?

As I said, I haven't personally listened to the IE 60s, so I can't really tell. From what I have heard you can expect a pretty bass heavy sound.

I would even argue that the IE 80 (not the IE 60s) have a somewhat overpowering bass, that bleeds into the midrange. 

It's not that the Shure SE425s are bass light, it's just that they aren't as bass heavy as the Sennheiser offering. 

But I would argue that Shure's bass sound is much better, since the bass is definetly present but not overpowering. 

8 minutes ago, Volbet said:

May I ask why we aren't corresponding in your own topic?

i have no idea how i got here actually. i was just responding to what posts i was getting notifications from

wan