960 stuck in power state 5 wile folding?

The issue is in the tidal. When folding my gpu will power down to the p5 state. does anyone know of a fix

I am using a gtx 960 FTW

P5 ?!

Both my maxwells drop to P2 ..which sucks.  But i just rectify it using nVidia Inspector :)  The only downside to this is you must run it every boot, as opposed to a custom BIOS ...however, it's just a dbl click on the desktop, as you can save the settings as a shortcut.

I never reboot, well I did once in 2009 ...ahem!   anyway so it's not a huge issue.  I think if I were booting everyday i'd probably look into BIOS flashing the GPU's ..I love automagic

Check out this thread:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/530424-nvidia-beta-driver-36160-might-include-a-fix-for-the-maxwell-memory-speed-bug-in-gpgpu/

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

7 hours ago, Frank350 said:

The issue is in the tidal. When folding my gpu will power down to the p5 state. does anyone know of a fix

I am using a gtx 960 FTW

Did you OC the card?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!